Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL-100-1
My Carrier: Unlocked

No sound or Vibration for Incoming calls if phone is placed in pocket due to slight touch on the screen

During incoming calls, a small touch on the screen will switch off the Sound and the vibration. This happens when the phone is placed inside the pant pockets. So i am missing many calls when i am travelling out. Any setting to remove this feature. 

I tried using flip case but its spoiling the look of my Z10. So please help if there are any software setup 

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BB

Re: No sound or Vibration for Incoming calls if phone is placed in pocket due to slight touch on the screen

Pressing the power button for one second will lock the screen, then put it in your pocket.

Pressing the power button for one second again will unlock the screen, swiping up from the bottom will also unlock the screen.

New Contributor

Re: No sound or Vibration for Incoming calls if phone is placed in pocket due to slight touch on the screen

Dear Fyip,

This issue happens even when the phone is locked. I even have a password lock for my mobile. Even though the phone and screen is locked, during an incoming call the name and number will be displayed on the screen. During that time any small touch will switch off the sound and vibration. 

Forums Veteran I

Sounds more like hardware than software, if you have not updated to 10.2 do so maybe it will help.

New Contributor

thanks for the info. The sound will be there if i am not touching the screen. Its gets off only if the screen is touched. So i think its related to software. I am having 10.2.0.429
New Contributor

Any suggestions  ? during incoming calls only volume buttons should be used to silent the phone. accepting the screen touch to silent should be removed !! plz help as i am many important calls..

Forums Veteran I

You can restore your phone to factory settings if you wish to see if it corrects your issue. Resetting to factory settings will wipe out all your data so you should save it first. To save all your stuff download and install BlackBerry Link on your computer from the link below. Resetting will not back-up the OS on your phone. Once you have downloaded and installed BlackBerry Link connect your phone to your computer and save your stuff. Once saved disconnect your phone from the computer.

To reset your phone: tap the Settings App, scroll down and tap Security and Privacy, tap Security Wipe, tap the blank box and enter blackberry.

Once Wiped reconnect your phone to your computer and install your stuff.

http://us.blackberry.com/software/desktop/blackberry-link.html

http://ca.blackberry.com/software/desktop/blackberry-link.html

If you are in a different country, choose country at the bottom of the page.

My Device: 9000 > 9700 > 9900 >Z10
My Carrier: Telstra

I too have this problem. Missing heaps of calls. Running 10.2 doesn't fix this. I had assumed many people had this problem and it would soon be fixed. Evidently not.