Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Airtel

Not able to install 10.2 update

Hi 

This is sheerish I am user for z10. I received update for 10.2 but when I downloaded and try to install the update it gives me "interruption error". So I am not able to install the update so please look into this.

Thanks

Sheerish U.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BB

Re: Not able to install 10.2 update

You do not say how you are trying to update, so check the link below and try a different way.

http://ca.blackberry.com/software/smartphones/update/blackberry7-os.html

Contributor

I tried to update over wifi but i am not able to update
Forums Veteran I

Check the link I sent you. You can update through the Web or with your computer.
Contributor

Still not able to update the software through provided link as it gives error "An error has occurred while downloading the BlackBerry® Desktop Software. Please try again."
Forums Veteran I

Connect your phone to your computer and try downloading the software that way.

Or try updating through the BlackBerry site.

You said you first tried to update by Wi-Fi    If the signal is not a very good one it will not update.

Same for your computer, if connected to a weak Wi-Fi signal downloading will fail.

If trying the above fails, change Wi-Fi spot even if you think the one you are using now is OK.

Contributor

I tried with different wifi connection but it gives error on install when I tried through mobile software update option. when I tried through download option you provided . after downloading at some point it gives error.  And It shows me 1GB data for 10. 2 update is it really of 1 GB update.

1) When I first time check for update it showed me 465 mb update after installing it started with the 1 gb data. but it not getting installed and on 99% it gives me interuption error. is it related to any firewall setting or proxy setting.

Forums Veteran I

Looks like your phone is mixed up by too much trying, the update is not 1GB.

Reset your phone:  When powered on hold the power button down for 10 seconds and your phone will reset.

Try again, if still no luck you  can restore your phone, but you need the Desktop Software to save your stuff so maybe you can try another computer.

How to Restore a Blackberry to Factory Settings

1) Download and install a copy of Blackberry Desktop Manager.

2) Once the Desktop Manager has been installed, open it, connect the Blackberry to the computer, and select the Backup and Restore tab.

3) Select the Backup button beneath the Options button on the Backup tab. This will backup the settings, applications, contacts, and all other data to the computer.

4) Disconnect the Blackberry from the computer and select the Settings icon on the phone.

5) Select Security and Privacy, select Security Wipe, and type in “blackberry.” This will erase all data on the Blackberry.

6) To restore data after it has been cleared, reconnect the Blackberry to the computer, select Backup and Restore, click on the Restore button, and then select the appropriate backup file from the list.

If you are willing to loose your stuff you can still restore to factory settings.

Select the Settings icon on the phone. Select Security and Privacy, select Security Wipe, and type in “blackberry.” This will erase all data on the Blackberry and restore the phone.

Contributor

I gone through ovet the net..there are some information which says update is of 1 gb.i got little confused due to this. And why I am getting interuption error while installation on OTA.
Contributor

I perormed the steps you advised me. I performed factory reset for the phone. later it shows 455 mb update it installed and again started with 1 gb download. On install 99% it gave me interuption error pop up. Please suggest me on this. Is this related to carrier specific update. I am using Airtel in maharashtra