Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Not seeing BBM Contact Status Updates

Hi,

As the subject says... I've got 20+ BBM Contacts but I only seem to get status updates for one or two of the users, some users I can see their statuses have changed but only if look on their profile as it doesn't show up in the "notifications" section of BBM...   And similarly, people have changed their profile photos and I dont see those either.

Is this a known bug, or is there anything I can do to fix it? I don't fancy whimsically removing BBM to see if it helps!

- M

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Not seeing BBM Contact Status Updates

Hello minart,

Thank you for your question regarding BBM contact updates on your BlackBerry Z10 smartphone.

Swipe down from the top within BBM and go to Settings, go to Blocked Contacts and select edit.

Check the updates section to verify whether or not these contacts are listed. If so, please remove them from the list and verify that the updates begin to appear going forward.

Let us know if this helps.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I don't have anything listed in any of the blocked sections.. Invites, Apps, Updates.

Interestingly, those users who I can see in the updates section, if I go to their individual profiles and check "Updates" I can see their updates, but with those users who dont appear in the Updates section, their own personal "Updates" tab are also blank, so it does match.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

I am having the same issue. I too, went into my settings, as suggested above, but I don't have any of my contacts blocked, so I am at a loss as to why I am getting updates from some, but not all.
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 STL100-1
My Carrier: Airtel

In my case, I get the status updates of most of my contacts, but 1 or 2 contacts are not updated. It is the same as the day when they were added as a contact. When I go to their contact detail on BBM, I don't see their Display Picture in the DP slot (to the left of their name). Below the name it is the same old thing that they have "said". it never gets updated at all. And the 'Updates' tab when clicked shows nothing.. Please suggest.. Thank you.