Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone IN

Notifications for Android ported Apps on BB Z10

Hi Experts,

I know this may sound like a repeat of topic. However, I have read many links on this communinty and crackberry as well. TO be candid, there has not been one link where a straight forward way to enable notifications into hub for andoid ported apps is clearly shown.For a person like me who is not a developer in particular, it is becoming hell lot difficult to get this done. I have got a new Z10 and because of it I am completely cut off with the updates on News, sports etc.

Is there a common way to enable notifications for android ported (sideloaded) apps (example: Twitter, NDTV, CNN-IBN, CricketNext18, ESPN Cricinfo etc.)? Can someone please consolidate the same at one place?

I must mention that I am using 1Mobile or Amazon app store to get APKs for Andoid apps. If there is a different way which will enable notifications by default, I would be eager and happy to know.

Also just as a example, if I try to enable notification for Android ported Twitter (by making Notifications from OFF to ON in the app itself), it processes the request for somtime anf d then always says, there is a issue encountered in enabling notifications.

My phone does not get recognized by a PC or tools to install BAR file via PC. Media card is available for media exchange but not the phone. Also Link also does not recognize my phone. Have already tried the typical methods by reading posts like changing USB cable and all that.

I have enabled development mode on my BB Z10. Can someone solve these issues for me to make my new BB experience worth?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Notifications for Android ported Apps on BB Z10

Hey experts. Anyone looking into this?
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

So, no response?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30, Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

skhere4u wrote:

Hi Experts,

I know this may sound like a repeat of topic. However, I have read many links on this communinty and crackberry as well. TO be candid, there has not been one link where a straight forward way to enable notifications into hub for andoid ported apps is clearly shown.For a person like me who is not a developer in particular, it is becoming hell lot difficult to get this done. I have got a new Z10 and because of it I am completely cut off with the updates on News, sports etc.

Is there a common way to enable notifications for android ported (sideloaded) apps (example: Twitter, NDTV, CNN-IBN, CricketNext18, ESPN Cricinfo etc.)? Can someone please consolidate the same at one place?

I must mention that I am using 1Mobile or Amazon app store to get APKs for Andoid apps. If there is a different way which will enable notifications by default, I would be eager and happy to know.

Also just as a example, if I try to enable notification for Android ported Twitter (by making Notifications from OFF to ON in the app itself), it processes the request for somtime anf d then always says, there is a issue encountered in enabling notifications.

My phone does not get recognized by a PC or tools to install BAR file via PC. Media card is available for media exchange but not the phone. Also Link also does not recognize my phone. Have already tried the typical methods by reading posts like changing USB cable and all that.

I have enabled development mode on my BB Z10. Can someone solve these issues for me to make my new BB experience worth?

Application Notifications will not be available if the app is not listed in Notifications - Customisation - Applications - Core or Other.

Check if your phone is not set to Mass Storage in Storage and Access, only the media card can be accessed in this mode.

Easiest way to sideload is via Snap.

New Contributor

No I did not mean that. For example, for twitter in Android I get notification whenever someone I am following and favourites tweets. None of it is available in BBZ10!!! This is disapppinting.
Contributor

Maybe we're not all on the same page. I thought you were asking if there is a way for Android ports, installed on a BB10 device, said Android port having built in notifications, to alert the BB10, where the Android notification can be seen or heard on Friday BlackBerry, most commonly in the Hub
New Contributor

Yes yes we are on same page. So how do I enable all notifications for ported apps. An example in my previous post shows the issue. Same issue with NDTV, CNN-IBN Etc. Apps.

Contributor

I'm pretty sure there isn't. There are a number of posts on Crackberry that basically state that the developer needs to make changes to their app in order to evoke the notice and have it appear in his BlackBerry Hub. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, or if there is some way to accomplish this.