Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Regular Contributor
My Device: Passport
My Carrier: TELUS

Re: Notifications shutting off

Can you tell me how to access ths logs?  I really dont have a spare 5 hours to hold to telus technical support.  I hung up after 2 hours.

Regular Contributor

Contrary to what blackberry support is saying on these forums, i have searched the blackberry KB and discovered this is a KNOWN problem with the Z10.  Blackberry is looking into it.  It is documented on KB Article:  KB33694

Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

This is the arrogant attitude we are dealing with Blackberry technical support, this is a known issue and ViciousFerret is asking for more information and saying they cannot reproduce it. This is a major bug with the BB10 and it needs to be resolved now. The phone goes in to silent mode and the user does not know it, as a result the user is missing calls, text, BBM and email messages.- friggin unacceptable. I did not purchase the phone to be a beta tester for Blackberry, I will not be sending any logs.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

ievansetech wrote:

This is the arrogant attitude we are dealing with Blackberry technical support, this is a known issue and ViciousFerret is asking for more information and saying they cannot reproduce it. This is a major bug with the BB10 and it needs to be resolved now. The phone goes in to silent mode and the user does not know it, as a result the user is missing calls, text, BBM and email messages.- friggin unacceptable. I did not purchase the phone to be a beta tester for Blackberry, I will not be sending any logs.

Because the issue is "known" and it has a KB article does not mean that they have had success reproducing the issue to the point that they feel that they can solve it. This is likely why they want more logs. Smiley Happy

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Regular Contributor

when you consider it happens to me everyday - i can only assume of the thousands of blackberry employees (which i assume are using their own devices) have seen this problem over and over again.

This problem isnt isolated to me - and if numerous people are writing about it in the forums, how many users are NOT reporting and writing it.  It seems to me to be insane that BB can not get their own logs.

With that being said, i am happy to provide my logs - if they tell me how to provide it.  What i will not do, is spend HOURS on the phone waiting for Telus to then just in turn send the logs.  It seems alot easier for them to enable the users who are HELPING them with problems to send the logs

Contributor

I agree with jjang, this is not an isolated problem, I will send you logs, just let us know how to do that.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

Jjang wrote:

when you consider it happens to me everyday - i can only assume of the thousands of blackberry employees (which i assume are using their own devices) have seen this problem over and over again.

This problem isnt isolated to me - and if numerous people are writing about it in the forums, how many users are NOT reporting and writing it.  It seems to me to be insane that BB can not get their own logs.

With that being said, i am happy to provide my logs - if they tell me how to provide it.  What i will not do, is spend HOURS on the phone waiting for Telus to then just in turn send the logs.  It seems alot easier for them to enable the users who are HELPING them with problems to send the logs

I couldn't agree more, it would be awesome to be able to submit logs directly to Blackberry, unfortunately the system isn't setup for that.

I'd be inclined to call my carrier, let them know that you were asked to call in and get escelated by ViciousFerret on the official Blackberry Community Forums so that you could provide them with some logs for a known issue that they are trying to resolve. If that helps to bump you up the level quickly then great, if not.. at least you gave it your best shot. Smiley Happy

The funny thing is that ever since I had it happen once and I have been trying to reproduce it I cannot. I do have a ticket open for it as well, so it is frustrating because I can't send a log until I can make it happen.

Maybe you could provide me with a step by step way to reproduce it and I can follow that, then if I can get the notifications to stop I can submit that log under my ticket number? Smiley Happy

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Contributor

Mine has been doing this for a week too.  I have a real hard time believing that BlackBerry can't reproduce the issue.  A real hard time...  There are thousands of posts and thread on all kinds of BlackBerry forums about this.  My business partner and 2 people at my other job with Z10's are having the same issue too.  I only know 3 people with Z10's and they all have this problem. 

I would be happy to provide logs, but I don't want to be on the phone with Telus for 3 hours either.  Especially since that shouldn't be necessary.  Why won't the technical advisors here on the forums just open a ticket and provide an email address for submitting the logs??  Why should we have to call and wait on hold and wait to be transferred, and wait on hold some more and have someone explain the process of gathering logs and emailing them when it could all be accomplished right here, right now with a simple email address (maybe a link to instructions too for those that can't figure it out themselves)???

Regular Contributor

This is one of those sitations right now where it is so simple to see the problems and the solutions it begs the question why doesnt BB do it?!  For this, i have no answer.

Especially when one considers, there are alot of people like me right now.  We have bought 5 devices for our organization as test units to consider rolling out the product company wide.   Especially when you consider with BB10, we have to roll out the new BES 10/Fusion product, which easily enables Iphones, etc - wouldnt you want to ensure right now that we are the happy ones?  The ones making the decisions today for the future of BB in our organizaition

I can assure you, this is going on right now all over the world - every company has to make a decision.  Further complicating this sitation is the BOYD trent, which BB should want to slow down.  For the past 10+ years. we have been a 100% blackberry shop, allowing no other devices on our networks.  With the problems we are having getting support and dealing with issues really makes us question that decision, especially when BB has given us a nice product like BES 10/Fusion to deal with these other devices..

Long rant for a simple problem i know - one can only hope BB is actually reading these forums and decides to fully embrace and support its existing loyal user base. 

BTW - BB - I love the new phone, we just have what i would see as minor issues to be resolved.

I would really like for BB to comment on when they are going to publicly release the software updates and the battery issues. 

Contributor

Lets not bring battery issues into this....

Turn off LTE and you will be amazed at how long the battery lasts.  I was.  From 4 hours if I am lucky to pushing 9 hours with LTE off.  My wife's brand new iPhone 4s with no LTE cannot do 7 and she doesn't use hers half as much as I use my Z10 in a day. 

There... I just brought battery issues into it...Smiley Tongue