Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Notifications with Music playing

Hello,

Just got the new Z10.  I have researched that it's normal for the volume to slightly lower when a notification comes in (kind of alerting you to the message) however what's weird is when i start to type back the volume lowers when i hit a key and then raises back up after I lift my finger off...so in other words the volume adjusts everytime I type.  But after about 10 or 20 seconds it will go back to normal - until i get another message and it does the same thing again.

Any info on what the problem might be?

Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Re: Notifications with Music playing

I can attest that on my walks, listening to music thru headphones...when a message comes in, I get another music tune playing in the background that I had set up to distinguish emails and BBM message alerts..this tune keeps playing while my music is playing in lowered volume until I check the email...so I suspect that the processor is doing double duty and that saps the energy/volumes...

It is a good feature to be alerted to incoming messages, otherwise one would miss them...so I put it down, to processors doing double duty...just my take on this...

likely same thing happens while typing...

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Notifications with Music playing

I have no issue with the music lowering when a notification comes through, it's the volume bouncing up and down when i type that is quite frustrating.  Could be it may get fixed on an update soon?