Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: etisalat

Re: OS 10.1 killed the Z10

I am really surprised from tour reply. I have already thanked everyone who tried to help me, please read the message again. Of course I have contacted Etisalat and now issue from carrier side. Finally, I am not rude and nor accepting neither your message nor your tone.
Solutions: 6,348
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

No, I didn't say you were not gracious, I read your thanks, I thought intended to jgerard  who was helping you with the EAS and such.

Mostafa112 wrote:
Thanks for trying to support, Maybe I will try another EAS later if BlackBerry doesn't fix the issue. I am really regretting switching to the Z10 , BlackBerry has been always a second phone for me during travelling and I guess with this issue it doesn't even deserve to be. I am a really unsatisfied customer for BlackBerry and if this comes with any extra costs during my travel I will document and see how I can officially claim it from BlackBerry.

That I considered rude, after we've tried to help you. It's my opinion. I, too, believe the solution lies in the enterprise setup somehow. Perhaps your IT Admin should be checking in the forums here to support you.

Anyway, hope it gets fixed. You mentioned other issues in your initial post above we haven't dealt with.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Etisalat

I r exactly the same problem as Mostafa. Since the update to 10.1.0.273, me and my colleagues do not receive our emails on our z10. Previously is was working fine on port 80 with a Microsoft exchange server.
After the update,it s' not working anymore, I tried to delete the account and set it as previously, and a new error stating that I don't have internet connections is coming.
Look like the only known solution is to use a SSL connection with port 443, but unfortunately it s still ' not working...
Would be good if we could be back to the previous os until the problem is fixed.
Contributor

I was thanking all of you for trying to help. Since I was travelling as mentioned I have purchased a Q10 as I have a long trip and can't afford being offline. It has connected and is working fine, but you can imagine the loss of getting a new phone just because my new Z10 has stopped working after the update. All other issues remain the same, the battery is draining extremely fast and the device is over heating. The BlackBerry World issue is resolved. I am really annoyed as I am more comfortable with the Z10 screen. Please advise if there is a way to go back to the old version of OS.

What was your old version?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Previous version was 10.0.?.82
Contributor

Can't remember

Mostafa112 wrote:
Can't remember

Alrighty.

Can you please tell us exactly what model variant of Z10 you have?

Look at your Settings > About > Model Number.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

I have a STL 100-1

[ Edited ]

Here is what I'd recommend for you then,

• Connect to the PC and run Link.
  • Click on the upper right Settings icon.
  • At the bottom of the screen, click on far left computer name.
  • In the screen above, click to RELOAD DEIVCE SOFTWARE.

From there you will resetup your accounts and EAS.

Knowledge Base Updates