Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackerry Z10
My Carrier: MTS
Accepted Solution

OS 10.2.0.429 Update - Text Messaging Not Working

I received an OS update notification today for 10.2.0.429 and updated, it installed with no problems. I then went to see why there was an update and could not find any information, but did find a few posts saying that thier text messaging no longer worked - when I testing mine, I quickly discovered that I can no longer send or recceive text messages.  Emails work fine, but text messages won't go through. I can't find a way to roll back the OS update and I'm concerned about wiping everying - anyone else having this issue and have any ideas what to do?

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

Re: OS 10.2.0.429 Update - Text Messaging Not Working

Hi and Welcome to the Community! 

Keep the phone on, and remove the battery for about a minute or more and then replace it

VIA |  Forums Advisor III

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/z10-update-10-2-0-424-problem-with-text-messag...

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
New Contributor
My Device: Blackerry Z10
My Carrier: MTS

Worked beautifully - thanks for the quick response!

Developer
My Device: Bold 9700, 9790, 9900, Curve 8520, 9360, Blackberry Z10 | iPhone 5S
My Carrier: *

Thank you!  brenj12.

Welcome.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________
Please thank those who help you by clicking the original button.
If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution"
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Vodaphone

as of recently my phone has also developed a text messaging problem. i would not be able to recieve a text message until i restarted my blackberry z10 by holding in the power button, and when i did restart the phone to recieve the text, i read the text but for some reason it just kept appearing as a new message as if i had not opened the message . this problem was quite annoying me so i browsed soloutions and came across this one. followed the instructions, took the battery out whilst the phone was running and it did work to a certain extent. when i opened the message that kept appearing as un-read it had fixed and the message was marked as read! however i still have a problem! i got a friend to message me and the problem is now is that my phone is not recognising i have a new message and to view a new message i have to open the conversation to view it. there's no notifications coming through when i have a new message but the message itself is actually there, but for me to know its there, i have to open the conversation to check if i have a new message!? hopefully i'm not the only person with this problem! please help!?

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Just curious if you got the text message issue resolved ? I'm on a very old (but stable) OS release (10.0.10.85) on my Z10, and just set my wife up on a new Z10 running 10.2.0.429. I'm seeing lots of cool new features but also hearing about issues that my version doesn't have so I'm looking for some additional feedback before I'm comfortable enough to do the upgrade.
New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodaphone

the text messaging problem has been fixed now

New Contributor
My Carrier: Verizon

Yes I am having the same problem! Did you ever solve the problem?

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

I installed the update a week ago today and everything including text messaging is working fine..   I find my battery life even better and the other changes they've implemented (additional alarms for one), are fantastic !!  

New Contributor
My Carrier: Verizon

I have the latest update and it's still doing it! Even with my Facebook apps it wil not reload after i've deleted messages or text messages. I just sent a text message and I had to take out the battery and let it reboot before I coulc see the message I sent...