Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Developer
New Developer
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Life
Accepted Solution

OS Update

Hello!
I have  BB z10 stl100-1 and I had never updated my device with official firmware. I had 10.2.0.* version and I tried to update it from phone, then I tried to update from BB Link, but everytime it says that I have the latest version, but I know that it is not. Why BB doesn't allow officialy update the device? Its been a long time since BB 10.2.1 released.

Why I can install only developer or leak os?? Why it doesn't allow to download full official OS from the website??  I bought this phone and thought that it will be official support, but it sucks, no official updates.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: OS Update

Official update releases are completely up to your carrier, not BlackBerry. Your carrier gets the update then proceeds to test and evaluate it for sometimes weeks or months before releasing it to you. The fact that you don't have 10.2.1 surprises me because I thought it was released to pretty much everyone by now.

A couple of things to try: Remove your SIM card and turn off Location Services on your phone then plug it in to your computer and go to www.blackberry.com/update from your computer's browser. That might offer you an update. If it doesn't, try looking in these forums under "BlackBerry 10 OS Device Software" for instructions on upgrading your OS.

Keep us posted on your progress.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Developer
New Developer

Thanks for reply.
My carrier doesn't provide me updates.

I removed my SIM and connected to BBLink, but it said the same.

And "BlackBerry 10 OS Device Software" returned me to not official updates

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

The simplest way to update your BB10 OS, regardless of what your carrier has sanctioned, is via Sachesi:

For a more "cold" (and thereby, more destructive) method, there are AutoLoaders:

Indeed, just in the last couple of days, there is 10.2.2.1531 (yes, that's 10.2.2!!) available (not a leak..an official release).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Developer
New Developer

Thanks a lot!