Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: On hold for an hour now waiting for support; packing up Z10 and returning it for iPhone...

"...iPhone seems inevitable now." Doesn't sound like a question to me either.

There was/is some kind of service interruption today with regards to BBM. It didn't happen to everyone. My BBM was/is fine. There is nothing we can do about it here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: On hold for an hour now waiting for support; packing up Z10 and returning it for iPhone...

I've read your other posts, and know that if you'd taken a few minutes before making them to read others' posts, you'd have seen your proposed solutions had already been tried by others and proven as useless.

For what it's worth, I think pretty much all of us are loyal BlackBerry customers, though few of us so extreme as to equate our appreciation of BlackBerry for love of a spouse.  That's a little weird...

I just received yet another call back from BlackBerry, reporting to me the problem had been rectified and to go ahead and try to activate BBM on my wife's z10.  So I tried.  Same problem.  If we try it using Device, it's Temporary Server Error, if using email, it's Email Not Valid, and Continue results in Temporary Server Error.  Still no solution...

Perhaps the depth of your affection for BlackBerry obscures your view of the fact this product is frought with problems...

Contributor

Certainly nothing you "can do about it here" with that kind of carefree dismissive attitude... But so long as it's working for you, I guess that's all that matters... For me, an earnest BB fan who waited patiently and loyally for this release, this is a huge disappointment and major productivity barrier.
Highlighted
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

JBroadbent wrote:
Certainly nothing you "can do about it here" with that kind of carefree dismissive attitude... But so long as it's working for you, I guess that's all that matters... For me, an earnest BB fan who waited patiently and loyally for this release, this is a huge disappointment and major productivity barrier.

What's your problem?  You never asked a question in your original post.  You ranted about problems and then said you were moving to iPhone.  Now you talk about having BlackBerry calling your back telling you a problem (on their end) has been resolved.  If a server goes down at BlackBerry what do you expect us here to do about it?  Just because it didn't affect me doesn't mean I don't care that it affected you.  If that were the case, I wouldn't even be here on this forum. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

My problem is speculative answers seemingly pulled out of various orifices of the body and without any real thought or examination of the issue, leading people either on wild goose chases or to a false sense of certainy. If you examined my other posts, you'd see I've taken a great deal of time on the phone with BB support, and have carefully relayed my experiences and information, hopefully to shed some realistic light on the situation for others in the same boat, rather than misleading people with useless solutions or non-answers.
Guru II

No, you ranted here saying how disappointed you were in RIM and their disappointing support, while stating that your move to iPhone is inevitable. Read your first post in this thread.

Now, you are proclaiming to just be relaying experiences and information that the disappointing BlackBerry support has been providing you.

You can't have it both ways. If you talk to support about an issue we'd love to hear it and hear what they have to say. If you simply want to come and troll the forums and berate those who volunteer their time to help others have a more pleasant experience with their device then CrackBerry might be the better place for you.

Contributor

Excellent referral, John.  CrackBerry proved to be more informative, getting right to the point, and with a link to BB's site with this situation as a known issue.  And that site has stellar news and reviews as well.

The link they posted to the known issue:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do;jsessionid=F34D8BDC3C9491EB8AF88BF4F380A5C4?...

My Device: z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

This link was already posted earlier in this thread. You must have been too irate to notice it. I too am experiencing the same BBM issue, but I hope it's going to be rectified soon.
Contributor

And exhausted...  The most frustrating thing was that support treated the issue as if it was unique to our phones, and no one else was experiencing this.  But clearly, from posts on this site and others, the problem had massively exploded world wide such that surely by then they knew it was a system problem.  If BB support had simply been candid up front that it was a system/server problem, I wouldn't have worked so frantically or intensively to try to rectify what they suggested me to be our unique problem...  We count on this service not fonly or social networking, but hugely for our profession.  Until now, the service has been a tremendous tool for instant communication in crtical moments.  We're preparing for a significant event and counting on the service more than ever.

Solutions: 6,375
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

... and you're still complaining, no different than where you started this thread.

Hey, if you're not happy with the answers(s) you were given here, I'm sorry. They were accurate and spot on to what you brought to the table. Perhaps genuinely asking a question would be helpful next time.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code