Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

On hold for an hour now waiting for support; packing up Z10 and returning it for iPhone...

Very disappointed, RIM...  Out of loyalty, held onto my Torch til Z10 release, but transition has been less than smooth...  And forget support, unless you like the torture of hearing the same endless audio loop...  BBM contacts all disappeared today and no easy way to have BlackBerry push same back to phone.  Very disappointing loyalty to BlackBerry not being rewarded.  No reasonable support resources in place.  This is just one of a long series of problems, none of which found resolution with support.  Front line support people can give nothing more than apologies.  Hate to say it but iPhone seems unavoidable now.

Developer
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

Re: On hold for an hour now waiting for support; packing up Z10 and returning it for iPhone...

Saved Data Transferred is displayed indicating that the data has been backed up to the media card. (Important: BBM 7 and above will not store BBM contacts on this backup file as this data is associated with the BlackBerry ID on currently the BlackBerry smartphone. You will need to login to the same BlackBerry ID on the BlackBerry 10 smartphone in order to restore these contacts.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33322

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB20554

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: On hold for an hour now waiting for support; packing up Z10 and returning it for iPhone...

Mr. Broadbent, This is a user-to-user community support forum. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. You would have noticed this in the message upon registration.  We are users just like you.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Sorry.  Delete my post.  I was hoping someone might have a solution.  Evidently not.  Thank you.

JBroadbent wrote:

Sorry.  Delete my post.  I was hoping someone might have a solution.  Evidently not.  Thank you.

You didn't ask a question.
You had a complaint and since This is a user-to-user community support forum, we are users just like you. We are not RIM employees, but volunteers who enjoy assisting other users. RIM personnel rarely comment on queries posted here. You would have noticed this in the message upon registration.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Forums Advisor III
My Carrier: Rogers

Some people have had success in resetting their BBM lists by turning on airplane mode (disables all radios), waiting a moment and turning airplane mode off again.
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Contributor

Thanks Drew and Tea, your efforts are appreciated over the admonitions of the other fellow.  Unfortunately, nothing seems to work...  This has happened with my wife's z10 as well...  I managed to get mine working by setting it ups as a new BBM but nothing works for my wife's.  Same series of messages pop up.  Looks like we're not alone in this.  But thank you for your efforts.

Oh, perhaps I was wrong. You didn't come here to complain about the support?

My apologies. I'll re-read that post again and look for the question.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

With the greatest respect to your sarcasm, I don't think it matters how many times you reread the post, you won't see what others found evident in my post... 

In fact, I've read your other posts in other threads touchng upon the same problem with BBM connectivity, and you utterly fail to recognize the nature and extent of the problem.  In fact, you simply regurgitate suggestions which have been proven by others to fail as remedies, or make obvious statements about how BBM is to be set up, while failing to see from the posts that what is supposed to work is in fact not working... 

Clearly, there is a significant issue with BBM at present.  You might consider a thoughtful examination of same rather than slighting those seeking assistance.

[ Edited ]

JBroadbent wrote:

Clearly, there is a significant issue with BBM at present.  You might consider a thoughtful examination of same rather than slighting those seeking assistance.

There certainly is an issue. I've posted info on it probably half a dozen times in the past 8 hours. If you reviewed any of my recent posts, you would have seen that.

You came in to bash BlackBerry. And since your post appeared directed "at BlackBerry", I responded to let you know this was a community support forum, users just like yourself, and that RIM rarely comments. Add to that your iPhone 'threat', just wow.

Since most of us here are pretty ingrained BlackBerry fans, how would you like it if I walked up to you asking for help, but immediately started telling you that your spouse was ugly and your cooking stinks? I'm sure you would not be impressed either.

If you need help around here, please ask. There are many knowledgeable users. If you want to wail, then have at that too. Just don't expect it to go unanswered.

Good luck.

Knowledge Base Updates