Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Outlook synchronisation: what smart-alec developer decided USB cables were old hat?

I've been trawling the internet/this forum to see if BlackBerry have condescended to come up with a way of allowing those of us who want to synchronise Outlook Contacts/Calendars with a Z10 to do so (as I've been doing with my boss's BlackBerries over the past few years).

Unless I've missed a new development over the past few days, short of moving a load of sensitive data into the cloud, it just doesn't seem to be possible.

Nor does it seem to be possible to contact BlackBerry direct about this: couldn't find a phone number or a support email address. The only method they seem to deign to communicate through is Twitter, which I have no intention of signing up to.

The only people I could speak to about the issue was Vodafone, whose impression was that BlackBerry aren't going to bother to come up with a solution as wires and cables are old hat.

We are currently considering whether or not to return the Z10. Certainly, any good feeling I might have had towards BlackBerry has totally dissipated.

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Blackberry Playbook 64gb
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Outlook synchronisation: what smart-alec developer decided USB cables were old hat?

Blackberry announced that it will incorporate outlook USB sync with BB link.

http://crackberry.com/outlook-usb-sync-coming-blackberry-link

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: Outlook synchronisation: what smart-alec developer decided USB cables were old hat?

Many thanks for this, Arsen, I really appreciate you posting this! After an afternoon of IT hell, it restores my faith in human nature ...
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Style
My Carrier: Sprint

WOW! Thank you for the link.  I was ready to leave BBRY in the dust.  My company, and it's a very small one, only uses BBRY handsets and MS Outlook.  I was shocked when I first read BBRY was forcing us to the cloud.  SHOCKED.  Okay, too much drama.  I was really pizzed and figured enough. 

Thanks again for the link.  My faith in BBRY customer service is restored!

Regards,  Bob

PS Why the hell was it removed in the first place????