Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Contributor
My Device: Z10 and Playbook
My Carrier: Telus

Password Screen, causes random wake up issues and after a call Phone Freezes and needs to be restarted.

I have noticed that the Password Screen is not very robust. I have had numerous times where the phone doesn't bring up the keyboard or the screen comes up black when being "woken up".

I have now noticed that when I am on a long call - speakerphone or using a wired earpiece, that the phone will no longer "wake up". I cannot get to the password screen and the phone is basically unuseable and I need to reboot the phone.

One time this happened where my counterparty had to switch phones and called back immediately. I could not answer his call. I had to do a battery pull. The second time this happened I could at least use the power button to restart the phone.

The password screen seems to cause me quite a few issues.

I would like to know if others are experiencing the same thing.

Best regards,

ctfish

New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Password Screen, causes random wake up issues and after a call Phone Freezes and needs to be restarted.

Same issue here. 99% of the time this happens after being on a call. If anyone else is experiencing this please reply so hopefully it will be looked at in the next couple software updates.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Password Screen, causes random wake up issues and after a call Phone Freezes and needs to be restarted.

I have the exact same issues, and experienced them numerous times.

My Device: z10
My Carrier: Bell

I have the same exact issues. I am a strong Blackberry support, please help to fix this ASAP. I have been an evangelist for the z10 - I can't tell the nay sayers that I am having this problem!

Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Etisalat

I have this issue too. I am honestly tired of this phone. It is so buggy. Can someone respond with how to fix these issues?
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: tmobile

i believe the same thing happened to be.  i was thinking that maybe it had to do with the password screen as well but it's weird how it's worked fine for over a month and then BAM.

this morning i wasn't even on a phone call and i looked to wake up my device by swiping up and there is no response.  i can't wake it up from the top button either.  i can see the red notification light blinking and i can hear when i get emails but i can't do anything.  now i'm going to have to just reboot it.  holding the top button shows the power off/restart screen.  that's about all i can get to.  i think i'll try a battery pull this time.