Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry z10
My Carrier: att

Picture password is not working

I tried to set up my picture password but when I locked my device it keeps asking for numeric password. Now when I try to set it up again, is not showing up in the options.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Picture password is not working

Is your device connected to a BES server at your work?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Contributor

No

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30, Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

andresrdz wrote:

I tried to set up my picture password but when I locked my device it keeps asking for numeric password. Now when I try to set it up again, is not showing up in the options.

It will lock after 5 attempts at pic password, device password should then unlock the phone.

Try removing device password, reboot then add device password and pic password.

Contributor

Try that and it doesn't work. Maybe I should reload the os

Contributor

I cannot remove the device password as I have my corporate email setup and they don't allow me to have no password. The os reload did not work, keep having same issue. Maybe is due to the IT of my company does not allow me to choose picture password if I have my BlackBerry set up with their email.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

EAS is enabled on your Exchange server. you need to use Active Sync with your mail in order for the picture password to work. Once this is changed at the server level, you will need to delete and re-add your account on your phone. Then picture password will work. happened to me too!

Contributor

I am using active sync but if it is a setting from the server I am not sure my IT will change this on request.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

no harm in asking

here is the link

See the table near the bottom under AllowSimpleDevicePassword

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn282287.aspx

New Contributor
My Device: z10

I have the same problem, exchange server work account means I can't use Picture Password. I hope they fix this because there is no way in hell lthe IT folks will change the Exchange server, and I really want to use the Picture Password feature.