Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell

Playbook

Is Blackberry coming out with an upgrade for old playbooks to allow them to bridge with the new Z10??  If so, will it be a free upgrade, and when will it be available??

Developer
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Playbook

Blackberry Z10 is supported to bridge with the playbook. 

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

[ Edited ]

Hi Pudge888,

As Teaboy1748 stated, the PlayBook can currently pair with the Z10 and use BlackBerry Bridge. That said, there are some features that are currently not present. Hopefully we'll see an update that will re-enable those functions soon (e.g. after a future OS update), but as there has been no official announcement, we don't know exactly if or when this update will be made available.  The good news is that if/when we see such an update, it will be free.

In the meantime, if you haven't already tried to bridge your PlayBook to your Z10, you can do so by doing the following:

1. Ensure that your PlayBook is on the most recent OS version by checking for updates on your PlayBook.

2. On your BlackBerry Z10, go to BlackBerry World and search for BlackBerry Bridge. You can download and install it to your device and then use it to bridge with your PlayBook.

I hope this info helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell

I haven't upgraded to the Z10 yet - partially because the text/email/bbm doesn't bridge (or so I have been told).  I am under the impression that you can basically only use the z10 as a wifi hotspot for the playbook.  Is this wrong?

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

At this moment, that is correct, but hopefully we will see it in a future update.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!