Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Post 10.1.0.2019 update, Hub messages require a swipe down then over instead of over

Running a BB Z10 on AT&T. I recently upgraded to OS version a few days ago to 10.1.0.2019 and have noticed that when responding to Facebook messages & Text Messages, if the keyboard is active, there is no response to a side swipe which, before, would have brought me back to the Hub home. 

i am having to swipe the keyboard up to go away, then over to go back home. The swipe up doesn't work often though, so the letters i may have hit show up as "typed" messages awaiting sending. 

It's getting a little frustrating. Is there any sort of setting to adjust this new swipe requirement? Or is the solution that i remove Texts & Facebook from being shown in the Hub and instead use the apps outside of Hub? 

New Contributor

Re: Post 10.1.0.2019 update, Hub messages require a swipe down then over instead of over

The Facebook Messages were turned off in the Hub Management by default. It's easy to config that back though. 

1. Open the Hub 

2. Click the three dots in the bottom right hand corner

3. Select Settings

4. Select Hub Management 

4. Flick the Facebook Setting to On

Facebook messages will then appear in the Hub. 

I rarely if ever mass delete, however i just tried searching for something, then using the Delete all Prior feature within the search results and it deleted just fine (from a Hotmail Email account). I wasn't able to mass delete just looking at the hotmail folder. 

My main issue is will the Hub swipe not behaving as it did. I was enjoying that feature.. (to the point where i'd try the same thing on my iPod touch with disasterous results, lol).

Solutions: 6,376
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Post 10.1.0.2019 update, Hub messages require a swipe down then over instead of over

hadtoomuch wrote:

Running a BB Z10 on AT&T. I recently upgraded to OS version a few days ago to 10.1.0.2019 and have noticed that when responding to Facebook messages & Text Messages, if the keyboard is active, there is no response to a side swipe which, before, would have brought me back to the Hub home. 

While I am on a slightly higher OS, I am not seeing what you are, or I am not recreating it exactly as you are.

I open my Hub, go to a Text or Facebook message.

I type to respond (the keyboard is active and showing)

I can still swipe from left >> right to close that message and return back to the Hub listing of messages.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

That functionality you mentioned worked prior to the upgrade i installed last night. I'm running the official AT&T OS.

Solutions: 6,376
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Hmm... well, it's back correctly implemented in 10.1.0.2354

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810, Z10
My Carrier: ATT

If you are running a "slightly higher" OS then 10.1.0.2019 and not seeing such behaviors...  perhaps we can assume these are bug issues in 10.1.0.2019 and your "slightly higher" OS perhaps corrected them?  Sorry but this is apple to orange with different OS versions in question.

New Contributor

My Facebook notifications are appearing in the Hub after i had changed that setting. i am running the same OS. perhaps a reboot? 

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

I am on AT&T latest OS and able to swipe back to hub from facebook messages.

I woudl try to restart phone and try again and if that dont work remove facebook from hub and add back in again

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

I'm glad you got a fix. I wish mine were answerable. I fear i may have to post a new thread though. 

New Contributor

Thanks, my issue is specific to Facebook Messaging or Text Messages, where one would have a keyboard view, after typing, submit, the keyboard remains but the swipe left to right does not return to the hub. 

I find i must attempt to swipe the keyboard away, then swipe left or right but i may not be well skilled at swiping because it normally results in gobbledygook typed in the line where one would normally type a message.