Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Blacberry Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

Power Button

Just received a new Z10. used for a short while but after pressing power button to put in sleep mode/key lock (Didnt hold in to power off) i couldnt get it to come out of this blackened screen.

When it eventually did some 30 minutes later, i couldnt get the phone to switch off or key lock at all. In otherwords it simply did not react to me pressing the power off button. At all times the phone was sufficiently charged

I have since taken the battery out and restarted and phone working as it should but wanted to know if others were experiencing similar issues?

Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Power Button

I have not noticed other posts of that issue in the forum here. I'd watch closely and see if that behavior continues.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Maxis, Malaysia

I have been using the Z10 for about three weeks now and yestredya the power button stopped working, any amont of resetting will not help, i have not tried going back to factory setting or reinstall OS... Any advise

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL 100-2 & PlayBook 64GB

[ Edited ]

Is the power button not working for locking the device or it fails to respond even when long pressed to power off or restart the phone.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @ukmight
1. Click on the " Like " button if you find anything helpful posted.

2. If any of the replies in your post has resolved your problem, mark the reply(ies) as " Solution ", so that others can readily view the solution instead of creating another redundant post.

I am not sure you got my post.. so I am retyping

It does not respond to power off and on as well.. apart from not working for the locking the phone... it does not look like the button is physically jammed...as I did not drop the phone or anything violent happened with the phone

ksushil, Do a simple reboot on the BlackBerry in this manner: With the BlackBerry device POWERED ON, remove the battery for a minute, and then reinsert the battery to reboot.

Now see if that same behavior on the lock button continues, if it does, you might consider exchanging for another Z10.

Or, wiping and reloading the OS to the Z10.

But since it's brand new, I'd personally not want a device with potential hardware issues.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates

Thanks, I have tried the battery aspect, does not work.. I haven't done the reinstalling OS bit.. but as you said I am thinking of sending the phone back now.. when is the OS update expected? Wondering whether I should wait for it, problem is I bought this from a carrier in Singapore and using it in Malaysia so I need to send to Singapore that's why the hesitation

I have no clue when any OS update will come.

Knowledge Base Updates
Super Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL 100-2 & PlayBook 64GB

ksushil,

The malaysian carriers will not provide an OS update for your model as the Singapore is selling STL 100-2 and Malaysian carriers allow updates for STL 100-1. TO get an update, insert a M1 Sim card from Singapore should allow you to update your phone to 10.0.10.xx

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twitter: @ukmight
1. Click on the " Like " button if you find anything helpful posted.

2. If any of the replies in your post has resolved your problem, mark the reply(ies) as " Solution ", so that others can readily view the solution instead of creating another redundant post.

Oh ok... Thanks for that.. did not realise that..