Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile
Accepted Solution

Predictive text in spacebar

When predictive text occupies the space bar with the wrong word, how do you reject it to use space bar?  

Predictive text uses the space bar area on the Z10 keyboard to suggest a full word, when it disagrees with the word you have typed. Often this is useful. Frequently, however, I intend the word I have typed, so how does one move the cursor to leave a space and type the next word? I can't figure it out. If I start typing the next word, the keyboard will go back to spacebar but the next word is added without a space beside the previous one. Is there anyway to override the suggested word so that the space bar is available?
BlackBerry Employee
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Predictive text in spacebar

[ Edited ]

Swipe up on the spacebar to ignore the correction.  Or if you've already pressed space swipe right-to-left on the keyboard and instead of deleting the last word it will remove the auto-correction.

Contributor
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks! I'll try it. 

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 Playbook Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Thanks that has been bugging me too. I've been letting it put the wrong word in there and then backspacing it out and then you can type the right one
Forums Advisor III

If you miss flicking up the word that you wanted swiping from right to left on the keyboard should remove the autotext and leave you with what you typed. Smiley Wink

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900 Playbook Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

flicking up seems to take too many times to work right so I just type out what I want most of the time. Maybe it's the screen protector on the otterbox. It's worse on the space bar so I've found it quicker to hit it and backspace
Forums Advisor III

Yes, the OtterBox is known to be a bad design for the Z10, as it covers the bezel. This can also cause issues with other gestures as well. There was a thread about that here long ago. I would switch to a better case. Smiley Happy

To flick up from the spacebar you should touch the spacebar and then flick through the word above it. This works quite well when you get used to it and is an important step in training the device on the correct words for your typing / language style.
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy