Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Problem sending emails on SMTP Port 25 with Z10

its supposed to be fixed in release 10.1.  i am still waiting for AT&T to finally release it.

URS
Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: 1und1

Did you read my post? I already have the 10.1 (.0.1483) release on my Q10...no wy to answer emails...the worst phone to buy...

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

i was referring to 10.1 on the Z10.

what solutions have you tried thus far? 

i have my own domain and use the mail server from my domain also.  i had to end up using advanced email setup to eventually get it working.  while i was using wizard mode, it was only making matters worse.

i had to set up a test email account for blackberry support to use and it was quite the ordeal to get it together.  much longer than ten minutes thats for sure.  it was more like a couple weeks of work actually.

URS
Contributor

I have tried to install the eMail several times with different options...didn`t work...now I achived at least answering eMail one time...a second answer (re: reSmiley Happy is impossible with the 1und1 account...incoming emails, no prob...

I also have my work account...it works, if it works...one day a week I have to use K9-mail even to get emails from my mail account...it doesn`t sync for 1-2 days...from one moment to the other it works (I mentioned it, because the incoming mails are in K9 and in the native client...) 

But actually I hate K9 Mail...compared to the native email client it is worse handable imho...

Every day I search for an software update...but the q10 says, my softare is the newest...

Blackberry, what the hell did you do?

Forums Advisor II
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

I'm sure this has been covered, but as I recall the issue was "sending password" related.  My POP account (which does use port 25) does not need to send my password to send email,  It's an asmtp (as opposed to smtp) so security is a bit different.  The problem I was having was, if my server was polled simultaneously by more than one device the account would lock out.  This would give me what appeared to be, sporadic function.  Thus I had to set my account to poll manually.  The next issue was, under 10.0, it would apparently, occasionally, poll my account anyway -- get locked out -- and return an error message saying the account settings were wrong.  10.1 fixed that and it now functions. 

URS
Contributor

But why does it work the first time I answer an eMail and not the following times? And why does Blackerry, the so calles partner of business, not fix this f...ing problem? In an eMail conversation I always habe to create a new message after answering one time...no other phone has problems with sending and answering email, even the phone is 10 years old...

Forums Advisor II

I was having this issue, but 10.1 seemed to cure it.  If you have a Q10, you already have 10.1.  Does your email require you to send your password each time you send an email?  Because I think that's the issue (mine does not, but I'm asmtp).  There was a post, a while back, I think on Crackberry, where this issue was resolved for a lot of people by using the same setup as Gmail to setup the POP account.  But, when this first happened I called my carrier, t-mo (usa), and they put me in touch with BBerry supprt, who actually managed to get my account working on 10.0. 

URS
Contributor

Yes, I know, but not a way to solve the prob for me...I have to answer clients form my eMail adress...If I put in the gmail outgoing server, this is the seen email adress...anyway: I don`t want to send mail via gmail, I just want to use my account, as on any other phone...

Forums Advisor II

[ Edited ]

That's NOT what I'm suggesting.  I'll try to find the link for you and post it. 

Here it is, see if this can help in any way.  I did not try it.  Apparently the poster is suggesting you use some of the gmail setup choices, but not gmail itself. 

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/Outgoing-email-did-not-work-so-I-returned-Z10/...

Regular Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800, Z10
My Carrier: EE

[ Edited ]

That mail suggests using the gmail smtp server as your outgoing smtp server, which changes the sender id of the email as the gmail id (eg yourname@gmail.com instead of yourname@1und1.com)

Anyway he said that gmail doesn't work for him curiously.

Some mobile providers and isps have troubles communicating and email can't go out (I had this, as detailed in my posts a month ago). I found in my googling to find an answer, a paid 3rd party smtp server which has cured my problem, and also on my wife's iphone who couldn't ever send over 3g. Both Apple and TalkTalk gave up trying to find a solution and EE just said to use gmail's. In my thinking, cost is insignificant (& also tax/vat free!) compared to the reduced stress trying to get emails to go out.