Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Koodo

Problem with Facebook account and Hub

I had a problem with Facebook messages in the hub, whereby I could not mark them as read or end the chat. I always had 2 unread messages. Restarting the Hub with the 5 swipes or restarting the phone did not clear them.

I decided to delete my Facebook account to see if I could clear the problem, but when I re-entered my account I now have TWO Facebook accounts showing in the hub. And gues what... my 2 stubborn Facebook messages are still there.

How can I get rid of the duplicate accounts? 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Problem with Facebook account and Hub

Hello,

Please try resetting the Hub. With the Hub displayed, swipe 5 times diagonally from the top right to the bottom left.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Yeah did that several times. No avail.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

OK...so then, can we avoid further redundant suggestions by you revealing now ALL that you've already tried?

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

I deleted my facebook account in system settings.

Restarted

Deleted Facebook app

Battery pull

Redownloaded facebook app

Re entered Facebook account info

I know have one Hub listing for Facebook that is empty, and another with all of my Facebook messages that I cannot delete, end chat and 2 conversations that are stuck unread.

It is like it is cached... if I could dump the cache I'm sure it would go away.

New Contributor

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Or should I escalate to Blackberry support?

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: STL100-1
My Carrier: smart telecom

Same what happen on my BlackBerry. I've fixed it via login my account to pc and open than unread message. And when I restart my phone- it's done.
Hopefully it could work this same on your issue.