Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Telstra

Problem with Outlook Sync/Calendar after upgrade to 10.2

I have come up with a number of issues which may all be related.

The core seems to be around the way that my Calendar and contacts are now configured.

Firstly - I use BBLink to Sync. After the upgrade my 1.1.1 version of BBlink wouldn't sync to Outlook. Its there in BBlink, but greyed out. I updated the BBLink to the latest version. Same problem; there but greyed out.

Next issue is that I created a new calendar event on the Z10. This all went well until I went to add a person - it asks me to associate an email account to send the notification. If I do this it gives me Local Calendar and which I set to one of my email accounts. Then It displays the name of the computer I sync with.no matter what I do (none, or an email address) it wont accept either giving me an are you sure message and reassigning if I use the same email address OR if I select none it just doesn't do anything and whe I go to save it goes through the same process again.

If I look under setting>accounts I see BBLink is the source of my Calendar and Events (correct).

HELP!

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry Passport SIlver Edition (OS10.3.2876)
My Carrier: Movilnet

Re: Problem with Outlook Sync/Calendar after upgrade to 10.2

Hi sreffold

Try updating the BlackBerry version Link to v1.2.0.28 PC o Mac

With this new version you can make the contact and calendar synchronization. The version 1.1 does not allow the synchronization.

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks, but I thought I had mentioned that I had updated to latest Link... which interestingly now wont launch, but we'll deal with that later.

To be clear - after the Z10 updated to 10.2, I found the issue with Syncing Outlook using 1.1.1 BBLink. So I then upgraded to 1.2 and still have the same issue as well as the issue on my phone i mentioned.

Thanks

Forums Veteran I

Hi Sreffold

Even your problem persists with synchronization with BlackBerry Link.

Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution
New Contributor

Hi there

I have deleted all BB related software and done a full re-install and BBLink now works properly, however the core issue with my Z10 is still there.

That is I cannot associate an email account with the calendar to send notifications.

If I go to setting>accounts><set defaults and configure the calendar it only allows me to associate with BBlink or Device Home. Neither of which allow me to send notifications of meetings.

So, when I go to send notification from the Calendar app it gets into this circular request to assocaite with an email and then wont let it.

This was working with the prior version of the OS.

Thanks

Forums Veteran I

Hi sreffold

If you want you can upgrade back to.

But remember that the OS10 is being improved.
The new terminal is working everyday BlackBerry more
All these details are being taken into account and are working, as also on the problems of BBM and BBM platform.
New update is expected 10.2.1.xxxx which improve all these drawbacks and mistakes.

New Contributor

That's all great and thanks for coming back to me so quickly each time.

However, when will the release of 10.2.1xxxx be available?

It's all too buggy with every release. you cant let them drop core functionality that worked just fine before.

Let your bosses know that fror this BB user since 2003, its pretty much the last chance. And I am not the only one.

Thanks again for your help.

Forums Veteran I

Hi Sreffold

Thank you for the feedback.

Even so it is part of blackberry and OS team

All basic functions that are not in BB10 and was previously BBOS hopefully in next update is available these functions.

We just have to wait out the update 10.2.1.xxxx

Remember that BlackBerry is doing hard work to improve the OS10

And not just the OS but also your smartphone BlackBerry.