Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: WIND

Problem with touchscreen keypad and contacts list

Hi ,

I brought a Z10 through EPP 3 months back. While charging if i use the touchscreen keypad to type any message, its not working properly. for example if i type "A", its typing someother letter in the screen and this is happening only in Charging mode. Some of my friends advised that the new 10.2 OS will fix that issue. Yesterday i downloded 10.2 OS, and the issue still persists, seems to be device problem. Once more Problem i found after installing 10.2 OS, after turning it off and on again, all my Phone contacts list disappered, even when i tried to add new contact manually its not getting added.

Please help in fixing these issues, Thanks.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BB

Re: Problem with touchscreen keypad and contacts list

If you have a friend that has the same battery charger try their charger.

If the issue remains then it is the Phone.

Restore to factory settings and if the issue persists have the phone repaired under warranty.

Before restoring back up all your stuff with the BlackBerry Desktop Manager on your computer.

If you do not have the Desktop Manager you can download it from BlackBerry or:

Connect your phone to your computer using the USB end of the charging cable.

You will be prompted to download the Manager, once you have the manager follow the instructions below.

How to Restore a Blackberry to Factory Settings

1) Download and install a copy of Blackberry Desktop Manager.

2) Once the Desktop Manager has been installed, open it, connect the Blackberry to the computer, and select the Backup and Restore tab.

3) Select the Backup button beneath the Options button on the Backup tab. This will backup the settings, applications, contacts, and all other data to the computer.

4) Disconnect the Blackberry from the computer and select the Settings icon on the phone.

5) Select Security and Privacy,  click on Security Wipe , and type in “blackberry.” This will erase all data on the Blackberry.

6) To restore data after it has been cleared, reconnect the Blackberry to the computer, select Backup and Restore, click on the Restore button, and then select the appropriate backup file from the list.