Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: banl
Accepted Solution

Problems with 10.1 software update (setting screen)

After update I am not able open setting screen either from notification or clicking settings icon.

It starts opening and quits immediately!!...

How will I be able to update software if there is a patch release for this?

Contributor

Re: Problems with 10.1 software update (setting screen)

is there a way to revert back to 10.0 Smiley Sad

I dont have settings screen... please help...

Contributor
My Carrier: Airtel India

I had the same problem after my software was updated and rebooted. When i noticed this,i restarted my phone only to end up in an even bigger problem : My phone wouldnt open. I was stuck in the lock screen and cannot unlock my phone. I tried everything possible and finally connected my phone to my pc and using bb link,restored my factory setting. After doing all this, Im now able to access my phone properly. However, my settings icon still remains unusable. Nor can i access settings through my pull down menu.

Somebody please help. Im using STL-001 BB Z10

Binshaad Aboobecker
Contributor

I use, STL-001 BB LE Z10. I too tried different method to downgrade to default os. But noting is possible now Smiley Sad

I can also see that my z10 is heating up when screen is on. At this time battery drains fast !!!

Is there any autoloader for this?

BB please help.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry z10
My Carrier: starhub

any solution to this problem? Crazzzyyyyyyyyyyyyy I am having the same issue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contributor

I solved this problem by downgrading it back to 10.0 version. Will wait for any working upgrade.

Downgrading was not possible using BB Link !!,  But use "Update on the web" @ http://us.blackberry.com/software/smartphones/update/blackberry10-os.html, to factory reset.

I had to restart several times to make this work. And you need a fast and good internet connection for this. Its around 1Gb file.

Contributor

Oh god this is bad using a old OS when new one is available..bb please help!!!!! Please fix!!!!
Contributor

3:32 AM
Hi I have given by BlackBerry to the BlackBerry service centre they said some files got corrupt while downloading the OS they will fix it in few hours and return it
New Contributor
My Device: z10-stl100-2
My Carrier: t-mobile

Hey Guys,  I am really sad hearing about your issues about BB 10.1, BB10.0 was running really good for a new OS.

I do not have any issues with the setting screen, but there are some other things that really annoy me:

-everytime i restart my Z10 (STL100-2) my Wi-Fi-connection is lost, it really sucks typing all these letters and numbers again and again

-i do not get any text messages, only restarting the device, brings my new messages into appearance

-whatsapp messages do not show up in the HUB

Please Blackberry, you can't be serious, i love my Z10, but love turns into hate...sometime!

Contributor

I also love my BlackBerry Z10. BlackBerry please fix these issues ASAP