Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Forums Advisor I
My Device: BlackBerry®PRIV
My Carrier: EE. UK

Prompted to update OS, again and again and again

Hi all,

I have a BB Z10, STL100-2,, Software Release 10.0.10.90, OS Version 10.0.10.690, My Device also came unlocked.

My little issue is that my BlackBerry Link is up to date but every time my device is plugged in, it prompts me to do a softwsre update, also this update appears on my device.   I have installed the said update twice but every time I plug into BB Link its prompting me to do this same update, even straight after the update has finished, it prompts me.  Also my BB link will not connect to my Z10 when USB mass storage is enabled on my Z10, is this normail..  Any advice.   

IMG_00000008.png

Craig Ashcroft Elite UK
If this post helps you please click the LIKE below the post(s)
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10 and Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone UK

Re: Prompted to update OS, again and again and again

If you delete apps that are built into the OS it will assume you need the update again. Just move those apps into a junk folder. My Link also tells me to update constantly when it is already up to date - this is probably a glitch that will be fixed with an update that we DO want!
Forums Advisor I
My Device: BlackBerry®PRIV
My Carrier: EE. UK

Yes that may well be the case but its not re-installing the un-used deleted Apps. Thanks for your reply
Craig Ashcroft Elite UK
If this post helps you please click the LIKE below the post(s)
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

That is exactly what is happening. Deletion of a system app or carrier pushed app will force a software update to show up and reinstall those apps back into whatever folder they were in when deleted.
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy