Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Airtel

Provide Access to Microsoft Lync for all BB Z10 users (not only for enterprise customers)

Hi Team,

I am holding a Blackberry Z10 with me, i wanted to install Microsfot Lync in it, but when i tried to intall that app it says contact Admin. i came to knew that it will only install on work place tab.

I am bit disspointed about it, erlier i was using Windows phone, i found pretty convent apps on it. but not like this. !!!

Please give me a alternate soultion for this. 

Regards / Muralidhar

Regards / Muralidhar
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Provide Access to Microsoft Lync for all BB Z10 users (not only for enterprise customers)

Hi muralidhar-bbz10,

Because Microsoft Lync requires access to the Microsoft Office Communication Server, it will required access to the internal network via the BlackBerry Enterprise Server.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Provide Access to Microsoft Lync for all BB Z10 users (not only for enterprise customers)

Respectfully, I beleive you missed the point here, like a lot of you Techy guys do when asked this kind of question. I beleive you missed this very important point. Microsoft lync is not only used in enterprise only set ups where a company has a server for just about everything. Not only that, mom and pops don't have the scratch for oodles of servers and they often suscribe to cloud services to suppliment there IT infrastructure and sometimes in hybrid setups. Enterprise IM is great for enterprise, anything but cool for SMB's who will end up using IOS or adndroid because of little issues like this.  There are more SMB's employing people combined than Big business out there. Is there any wonder why you lose market share.  It is a problem tell some who cares and get it fixed!!

Remember K.I.S.S.