Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

Re: Putting pressure on BB/Rim to reintroduce USB syncing with Microsoft Outlook

When I called I hit the wrong number got reception who put me to Support.   They had asked me to call Telus as the have a Blackberry Support Rep but I had the head office on the phone here and now and was not into the run around.

They had a Tech from Mexico ( I think it was, definitley in another Country  ) call me back .

the incoming number was 1-801-983-0250

As I mentioned ,  The Outlook sync was on the books to do but there is no start date which meeans it may never start.  pressure may be good. 

Ya, he tried to educate me on the Cloud  Outlook, lol.  

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
New Contributor
My Device: E-817
My Carrier: rogers

Re: Putting pressure on BB/Rim to reintroduce USB syncing with Microsoft Outlook

I hope the BB read these posts.

Who in there right mind decided to get rid of the Outlook email, calendar and contact  WIFI or USB synchronization function of previous models. This was one of the best business functions of BB and they have just blown it away. I agree with another writers comment that I do not want my info floating around in a cloud when in the past I have been able to have the data directly link to my phone and computer which I control.

BB please put this function back if you want the business community back. I note that the phone appears to be set up for kids. Surely there are enough business people in the world.

I jsut got rid of a Lumia 920 for the Z10 based on the BB in store demonstrator telling me it synched just like the old BB. He lied to me. Now I have a problem. I guess time to punt this phone and go to Samsung.

Solutions: 6,350
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

smedley wrote:

I guess time to punt this phone and go to Samsung.

Who told you that Samsung devices would sync via USB?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Sasktel

It has been said elsewhere, it IS coming, but just to say it again....

I tweeted this to @blackberryhelp:

when will I be able to sync my bb10 with outlook, like I did with bb desktop? It's not available on new bb link. Smiley Sad

they replied to me today with this:

Thanks for asking! PIM synchronization is currently not available in BlackBerry Link, but we are committed to including this later this year

New Contributor
My Device: E-817
My Carrier: rogers

Thanks for the info regarding the response from BB. Sometime later this year does not work for me and will not work for the vast number of persons and corporations that use Outlook ( probably half the business world)  that want to upgrade now. What do you do in the interim with a Z10? I guess I will take mine back. Sad other than the synch I liked the phone.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10 (returned) ** Torch and now my first non BB product a Samsung Note II so I can sync my Outlook,Notes,ToDo list,Categories,I am loving it !! I never knew a phone could do so much !!! hurry up RIM

[ Edited ]

JSanders wrote:

Who told you that Samsung devices would sync via USB?

I have since purchased a Samsung Note II.   I had purchased Companionlink/Deja office when I ran into the issue with my Z10 / Outlook not syncing and last tue/wed BB said it will be later this year for the update. BB said they has  no official start Date.

I quickly realized the z10 is not support by Deja just yet and they do have the app submitted for BB 10 software.  No ETA

Anyway , it (Companion link)  syncs Outlook nicely with my Samsung. I do not loose any of my custome settings that I can tell.  It is not as good as the old desktop manager as that was full Auto and wireless.

With Deja, there is some manual intervention. 

Hence my Z10 is just a Toy/ My Samsung is the Tool....   for now Smiley Happy

I am looking forward to the Z10 BB Link update but that will take some time even if they started today. 

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work. - Thomas Edison.
Regular Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: o2

I've just spoken to BB/Rim today. They rang me up because I wrote them a stinging letter saying that both I and lots of other people did not appreciate the lack of USB-sync functionality. The BB/Rim guy said that BB was definitely going to reintroduce USB-sync functionality and that they would do it in March in line with the Z10's launch in the US. Goodness only knows if this really will happen but the BB/Rim promised me that it would. So fingers crossed.  

Solutions: 6,350
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

maxfindlay wrote:

I've just spoken to BB/Rim today. They rang me up because I wrote them a stinging letter saying that both I and lots of other people did not appreciate the lack of USB-sync functionality. The BB/Rim guy said that BB was definitely going to reintroduce USB-sync functionality and that they would do it in March in line with the Z10's launch in the US. Goodness only knows if this really will happen but the BB/Rim promised me that it would. So fingers crossed.  

You get the name that person who called you?

That's certainly good news if true.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: o2

No sadly I didn't get his name for certain: it sounded vaguely like Ricardo but am not sure as I was in a noisy place at the time. The number he rang from was 08081007466 (at least that's how it reads in the UK). He added that they were getting these complaints "all the time". And FWIW he was definite about BB / Rim sorting it out in March. he said his managers were saying early March but he suspected it would be late March. BB/Rim are clearly worried about sorting this issue out in time for the US launch. I can't work out whether BB thought us Brits wouldn't notice the lack of USB functionality or whether BB were so arrogant that they couldn't care less what Brit SMEs thought of this omission. But either way, clearly BB/Rim have been taken aback by the deluge of complaints over this issue.  

Trusted Contributor

It would be like Christmas for me !!!   not to rain on anything, but March is an aggressive date given I am under the impression they had not even started writing the code as of last week.    

It is so great to see how this is evelving.  When i came here JSanders ( correct me if I'm wrong)  heard that there was no plans for The Desktop Outlook Sync ( cable or wireless).  I had called last Wed and the level 3 Tech  ( his name sounded like your Ricardo)   said they definitley had plans  for later this year but there was definitley no start Date.

Now we have a launch Date.     If this comes to be , it shows they do listen...   we just have to freak out ...

I have lost track of the wasted hours I have spent on a work around, chatting here etc..   Can you imagine how much all Our hours add up to ?

I just wanted to upgrade my phone...   seemed exciting and simple enough, lol 

great work all.    ( not puttin on the party hat yet but..)