Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: BB Q10
My Carrier: Koodo

Q10 - Outlook categories

It is critical for me to track my outlook contacts by categories... both the standard outlook categories as well as categories that I've created myself. 

I have learned that if I make ANY changes to a contact on my phone, it acutally ERASES all of the contact categories in outlook.  That renders the sync function useless unless I only make changes in outlook.  There MUST be some type of sync communication happening for it to erase/delete my categories.

Please help!

MaryAnn

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: paperweight

Re: Q10 - Outlook categories

I sync my Z10 phone with Outlook but only certain categories. My full contact database has 12,000 contacts in it. The ability to filter my outlook contacts to sync only certain categories is essential. Also, I use categories/groups to filter specific contact lists for quick review on my phone. (I.e. active clients in a particular city) Will you be bringing Category functionality back to OS10 and Link???
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Q10 - Outlook categories

I agree. We need contact catagories. Fix the Contact Manager in the new OS to include more of vCard fields as in BB OS version 7x and prior. We need Contact Categories field in the Contact Manager and the tight integration with MS Outlook(not limited cloud version of Outlook). For me the Blackberry Classic is not just about the keyboard. The superior business functionality of the Contact Manager set Blackberry apart from the rest. Please get this fixed.