Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: TELCEL

(REV3 #10added) Updated list of Cons/Negative for BB Z10

[ Edited ]

1. When writing it is very uncomfortable to hold I. The hands, it will be good to have a robust holster to hold it.

2. Not possible to move 100% all info from older BlackBerry version to Z10. I switched from 9800 and wasn't able to move: voice notes, memopad, word substitution, whatsapp contacts, BlackBerry Protect. This is the most frustrating part of all

3. BlackBerry Protect is not working on any Z10 even though the application is installed, but is not finish yet, until end of june

4. Battery is too long to carry in the shirt pocket and/or pants pocket.

5. "Reminder" application, which is a strange mixture of the "Voice notes Recorder" and "Tasks" from previous versions, doesn't gave a "Search function inside the application. Therefore is not possible to find tasks or voice notes any more

6.- In my Torch 9800  VOICE NOTES RECORDER, MEMOPAD, TASKS had each its own "application", now seems that they dissapear on the new Z10.  What I do know (as mentioned before on 5, Voice Notes Recorder and Tasks are now inside same application called "REMEMBER".

7.- In 9800, each of the previous 3 applications mentioned befor had a way to "search" within your records in the same application, without searching from a "general phone search", now this "REMMEMBER" application, DOESNT HAVE A SEARCH FUNCTION BUILT IN THE SAME APPLICATION!!!! Wooowww.......so...you put something in there, and it is gone to the BUNCH of stuff you have in there and could be lost easily.  The only way I have found so far to search for a "REMEMBER" is by going to the MAIN BB screen and select the "PHONE SEARCH" function.  Too bad to be true!!!!!.  Again.....what type of PROGRAMERS is BB hiring????? 

8.- Another bad thing is that they are CHANGING the names of the applications that we, THEIR CUSTOMERS, are used to use.   WHY TO CHANGE THE NAME!!!! Just make a phone where people can TRANSFER Data seamlessly and continue being a BB Customer, but their "excuse" is:  "Sir the reason why you cant transfer that data to your new Z10 is because they are DIFFERENT Platforms, Z10 is a NEW SYSTEM",    ha ha ha ha ha what a joke!!!!, why do WE, THE USERS, want to have a "NEW SYSTEM" if our information can not be transfered to this "NEW SYSTEM" ??????  BB did you ever ask your users???? or just hired stupid programers???

9.- I have been using the "REMEMBER" application and it is very very limited. I have around 100 "remembers" in there, which were migrated from my Torch9800 when I did the BBLink and were stored under the "TASK Application" on the Torch9800.   Just with the fact that there is no SEARCH function inside this app, speaks for itself.  Anyhow...the other thing is that when you want to move them (some of your "remembers") to a different folder, you have to do it one by one, not all at the same time.  This is FRUSTRATING!!!.

10.- I just found out that the WORD SUBSTITUTION in Z10 is totaly different than the "Word Substitution" from my previous Torch9800.  Now you can not put text under another text (like a text editor), now all the text is continous, there is no way to put 2 lines in the order you want.  This is TOTALY FRUSTRATING.   I think, this is the reason why the WordSubstitution from Torch9800 is not compatible with Z10.  Hope they fix this.

New Contributor
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Updated list of Cons/Negative for BB Z10

Not able to delete Yahoo mail from device without also deleting it from Yahoo. (Way ticked about this).

Creating special ringtones is extremely difficult. Custom text/email alerts is down right impossible.

Lack of all the ringtones and alerts from previous devices.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Carrier: o2.de

Re: Updated list of Cons/Negative for BB Z10

- a random rebooting/restarting system

- calDAV/cardDAV not correctly working

- since 10.1: Bluetooth for handsfree in car not correctly working