Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Etisalat

RIM customer service contact?

Does anyone know how to contact Rim directly?

I bought a Z10 on June 26th and I've had many problems with it.  I'm told Blackberry is guaranteed for 10 days and then it's only serviceable. I think I got a dud. It works after I take the battery out and put it back in.

After spending so much money buying the phone I did expect to buy a quality product and not one that needed to go in for a service 2 weeks after purchase. 

There is no help anywhere except forums .... not what I expected.

Please let me know if you have an email address or a way to get some real help.

Thanks

Highlighted
Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 10
My Carrier: Z10 Rogers

Re: RIM customer service contact?

1-877-552-5532
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

The carrier that provides your monthly cell service has been contracted by BlackBerry to support you. That's who you should contact (or ask your questions here).

Cheers. Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

Hi,

I've contacted my service provider a few times this week and they say it's a phone issue.

The phone keeps saying network error, which is why I went to the server.  This changes after I take out the battery.

The screen keeps magnifying so much that I can't get out of it and I can't press the only icon showing, this changes after I take out the battery.

There is sometimes a consistent beep, which I can't turn off until I take out the battery.

I am often unable to swipe open the home screen.  The password screen will come on but there isn't a key board.  The screen often goes black and nothing happens, which all changes after I take out the battery.

Today I had to take out the battery 6 times to get it to work.

This phone is 2 weeks old.  I paid $750 (in Dubai) for a phone that doesn't work.  I'm feeling as if a product that has so many issues so soon should be relaced.  But, Balckberry only guarantees their product for 10 days. Sending it off for service 2 weeks after it was purchased from a reputable Blackberry provider is not what I expected.  I thought I was buying a decent product. 

I'd like to discuss exchanging it but i'm over the 10 day guarantee.  The store I purchased from said they can't exchange it unless authorized by RIM.

Any idea's?

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Passport
My Carrier: Optus Australia

Contact BlackBerry direst but if the support is provided by the carrier they should replace your phone shouldn't they?
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Great, they said it's a phone issue. Now tell them to support that phone issue like their contract with BlackBerry stipulates. A carrier is supposed to support you until the issue is resolved. If they're unable to resolve the issue, they're to escalate it to BlackBerry at no cost to you. If the rep is unwilling to do that, ask to speak to a supervisor. One way or another, don't hang up that phone until your issue is resolved or you have a ticket number to present to BlackBerry tech support. You might have to be forceful; carriers usually are hesitant to escalate you.

I know what I'm talking about here. Please keep us up to date on your progress.

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Contributor
My Device: DAB
My Carrier: Airtel

Why don't you try tweeting them or post on their FB wall. Complaints about their service in public forums will definitely force them to act quickly.
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: Airtel

You should cotact 'Redington Ltd.' personals or post your querry on below blogue

http://helpblog.blackberry.com/2012/07/blackberry-support/?CPID=E20C035&DATE=071712

New Contributor

Thanks for the link to the help blog.  I tried the number and noone picked up, I'll try again later.

Unless I can get hold of RIM and ask for the phone to be replaced, i'll have to buy a new one.  I've spoken with the manager of the store I bought from and he said there is nothing he can do as i bought more than 10 days ago.  I can send it of to be serviced if i want.  As the phone is new, I want it to work.  I travel too much within the MIddle East and other countries in Asia to be left with a phone that doesn't work

RIM doesn't seem to have any email access for it's customers. 

I'm so disappointed in this company.  This feels like i've been scammed out of  $750.