Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Koodo

Receiving duplicate emails on IMAP account

Unfortunately Koodo do not support Blackberry z10 users in any reasonable manner Smiley Sad.  Having me repeatedly wipe my handheld to try and resolve the following problem did *NOT* work ... other than to frustrate me.

As much as I love the z10, it has some very annoying issues that I have not been able to find a resolution to:  First problem - whenever I receive a message on my work-related IMAP account it shows up twice in the inbox (and Hub) and stays there until I manually sync. 

I have seen several online references to needing to remove duplicate labels on the inbound message - but we are using Exchange 2010 and I have neither set any labels OR can I fins anywhere to do so.  Is there another way to avoid these duplicate emails which are *extremely* distracting.

Thanks!

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Receiving duplicate emails on IMAP account

Hello cmawby and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you're getting duplicate emails.

Did you add your email account using IMAP and Microsoft Active Sync? Does your corporation use BES? If so, did you add this account using Balance? 

If you added your account using IMAP, if you were to delete it and re-add it using the Active Sync option, do your emails still duplicate? 

Thanks!

-HMthePirate

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!