Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Reduce number of rings before Voicemail

I would like to reduce the number of rings before my voicemail comes on on my Blackberry Z10. It is forwarded from my desk phone and that means that customers are waiting an excessive amount of time before my voicemail kicks in on my BB. I called my carrier (Rogers) and they said they were unable to do this. I'm not sure if their tech support was correct in this, as I've seen on other forums that this is the process by which you change the length of the ring tones.

Is there a way to reduce the number of rings before voicemail on my Blackberry Z10 in my settings?

Thanks

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Reduce number of rings before Voicemail

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

BTW -- it is not a "number of rings" setting, but rather a time length before the carrier VM system picks up. The "number of rings" would vary depending on your specific ring tone.

But, the carrier does control this...there is no setting on the BB itself to control this. So the agent you spoke to was either misinformed or perhaps the Rogers system cannot be adjusted in this manner (highly doubtful, but anything is possible). Some carriers have a dialing string you can use to adjust it for yourself, but I don't know if Rogers has such a thing. I'd suggest you try them again.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Regular Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800, Z10, PlayBook, PRIV
My Carrier: 3

Going slightly off tangent here, but somewhat related, on my Torch 9800, you could Decline the call so it goes straight to voicemail, but I can't see this option on the screen of the Z10 with an incoming call. Any advice?

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Thanks for the clarification, I was moreso thinking of the number of rings someone calling me hears as opposed to the ringtone. I am going to try posting on the Rogers site forum, maybe putting it forward to a bigger audience will garner better results.

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

Actually, it's the exact same thing, controlled by the exact same carrier network setting for your account. Both are time based, and are the same time setting. As we already know, what is heard by the receiving party (you) can be controlled by your choice of ring tone. On some carrier systems, you also have the ability to override what the calling party hears (custom calling ring tones, music, and such). But, in any event, the control function is still time based, not based on any quantity of rings desired.

I do agree that you will likely find better results from a Rogers-specific forum.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Most expensive in Canada

[ Edited ]

*61 *NNN NNN NNNN *11 *X#

Where X is ranges from 5 to 30 seconds before a call get forwarded to the voice mailbox

And NNN NNN NNNN is the VoiceMail number provided by the Carrier

You can locate the Carrier Voicemail Number in 

Phone Settings/Call Forwarding/Forward If Buzy

Contributor

Does not work !

Hall of Famer III

mathurraj wrote:

Does not work !

Hello,

Kindly notice that there are many different methods discussed in this thread regarding this situation. From your post, we can only surmise that you are saying that the most recent thing posted does not work for you. In which case, you should attempt the other recommended methods (e.g., contact your carrier directly to adjust the setting in their system).

Good luck and let us know!

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10, Blackberry Z30, BlackBerry Priv
My Carrier: Fido

WSZara wrote:

Thanks for the clarification, I was moreso thinking of the number of rings someone calling me hears as opposed to the ringtone. I am going to try posting on the Rogers site forum, maybe putting it forward to a bigger audience will garner better results.

That is (or used to be) a feature controlled from within the Voice Mail - dial your voice mail, enter your password, then press 4 and then 2. Now you are in "Administrative Options".

If you don`t have that feature, then you should definitely call and talk to Rogers.   

Contributor

What I meant by does not work is controllling the number of rings or seconds before VM picks up - Rogers default is 4 rings or about 24 secs which is not enough.  Bell and others allow you to change the time - cannot see the option with Rogers Cell phone although they do have this option on the Home phone service !