Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900

Remote lookup on Z10 with activesync

Hi,

When we try to do a remote lookup of a contact on the work perimeter, its seems to be missing the Location/Office field. Do yo know if its an activesync limitation or a device os

My Device: BlackBerry Z-10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Remote lookup on Z10 with activesync

Hello JohnPiz;

Thank you for your question.

I have spent much time researching this online to find official documentation, which would state what fields are provided by a Microsoft ActiveSync Global Address List search. Although there is a considerable amount of posts to the Microsoft Technet and general questions on other sites for this specific functionality for other devices that are using ActiveSync; I was unable to locate a specific official document from Microsoft to state what is included.

However, what I did find is that the answer seems to be the same for the sites I have visited; in that what you see is what you get, to put it bluntly. I did locate a Microsoft article called “Exchange ActiveSync Overview”, where it only states that Global Address List search was introduced to find users email address from a company directory and does not mention any additional fields.

In testing this, with BlackBerry 10 devices and other third party devices connected to ActiveSync, the results are the same and only return the email address field.

If you are able to locate official documentation that would state what should be returned in an ActiveSync Global Address List search, I would welcome your response so that we can share this information.

Let us know if you have any further questions regarding this specific request.

MAD-VIKING