Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

SMS Nightmare...UGH!!!

I'm usually a loyal person...been with the same mobile provider for 10 years, only switched blackberry phones when my phone is completely done, and only replaced a blackberry with a blackberry...now I'm about to regret getting the Z10!

I just bought 3 Z10s, my own and one each for my parents...we're all active in leading a ministry and utilize group text messaging a lot...that's how we keep our small congregation all informed. Imagine our disappointment in not having a decent option for group texting. 

I decided to work around it by sending 1 message to almost 50 contacts, then saving that message (name the chat), and returning to that message (chat) to send out my daily messages. Daily I'd get complaints of people not getting the messages that I'd send out. My dad (the pastor) sent out urgent messages to our members when a friend of the church was vandalized and burned out of their house and he needed the church to help get them assistance (young couple with toddlers). He thought no one cared, only to find out days later that a majority of our membership did not get the message.

I started to make a habit of resending my text messages, always having to restart my phone, then resend again just to get the message to at least half of my list. Often, messsages sent to individuals (outside of the group chat option) would just time out, and I'd waste time having to resend, or retype the message after rebooting.

Understandably I was relieved to find out there was an update to the OS, and did the instal...since then, all of my list gets their message after I reboot and resend or copy (instead of just half the list getting it after all the rebooting and resending). However, my individual text messages take FOREVER to send. Messages disappear after I hit send, and then everytime I go to my text messages I'm sent back to the last conversation that I tried to text...frozen! Twice I have been sent picture messages from different people, each time it's failed.

Please tell me all of this is being worked on right now and there's a better update on the way. The camera and random apps are one thing, but loyal BB users need better functionality with text, email, etc.