Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus
Accepted Solution

SMS slow problem

[ Edited ]

Hi

I have a Blackberry z10 with 10.2.0.429 installed and I am on Telus..

Since I got the 10.2 update,, My text messages take a long time to open. Sometimes it takes up to 30 seconds to open my messages. It is like if the hub freezes and takes a long time to open the message I want to open.. Could it be because I have all my facebook contacts in my phone and this makes 863 contacts...

Thanks

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BB

Re: SMS slow problem

You must be very busy with all those contacts, it might be that, get rid of some.

The other problem could be your update.

You can restore your phone to factory settings if you wish to see if it corrects your issue. Resetting to factory settings will wipe out all your data so you should save it first. To save all your stuff download and install BlackBerry Link on your computer from the link below. Resetting will not back-up the OS on your phone. Once you have downloaded and installed BlackBerry Link connect your phone to your computer and save your stuff. Once saved disconnect your phone from the computer.

To reset your phone: tap the Settings App, scroll down and tap Security and Privacy, tap Security Wipe, tap the blank box and enter blackberry.

Once Wiped reconnect your phone to your computer and install your stuff.

http://us.blackberry.com/software/desktop/blackberry-link.html

http://ca.blackberry.com/software/desktop/blackberry-link.html

New Contributor

Could it be that the saved conversations in my cellphone are too long and that makes it too long to load the conversations or you think it is the fact that I have too many contacts?

Do you think that if I take away all the facebook contacts from my contacts my problem would be solved?

Or do you think that I should delete the long conversations saved in my cellphone? (I have neved deleted a sms conversation since I have my phone (almost a year))

Thanks

New Contributor

Hi,

I have solved my problem!!

The problem is that I had too many contacts. By going in the options (swiping down in the contacts) I disabled the facebook contacts and now I only have about 250 contacts and the messages open instantly!! 

Thanks!

Highlighted
My Carrier: Rogers

I already have my facebook contacts disabled (go in contacts, swipe down, setting and turn FB contacts off) and it is slow.

Is that what I need to do to disable the Facebook contacts? How did you do it?

I am with Rogers in Canada.

Please help, its a pain in the **bleep** when you need to reply quick!

My Device: z30

I had a similar issue and I clear some chats.
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10, Blackberry Z30, BlackBerry Priv
My Carrier: Fido

Ok....and did that help?