Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
03-11-2013 08:12 AM
I have the exact same issue and I have the same domain setup - I'm guessing your's is also register.com. I cannot find a fix and no updates have been issued , I really wish I hadn't updated
03-11-2013 10:28 AM
I have read other forum posts on this and it appears that the usual port 587 that worked fine before the update is the problem. I do not know what the answer is , I also cannot use a carrier smtp. There must be an easy ( to BBRY) fix for this or a minor patch to help us out.
03-11-2013 10:44 AM
03-11-2013 09:51 PM - edited 03-12-2013 12:38 AM
This is a known issue, it appears to have been introduced with at least the following recent software version bundles for the Z10:
10.0.10.82 (Middle East/South Asia)
Blackberry is aware of the issue and has stated that they plan to release a fix in a future software release.
In the meantime, one possible workaround that appears to work for some people is using unauthenticated SMTP, ie remove the username and password in the SMTP settings.
However that is a security risk and therefore you will only be able to use that with a mail server provided by your home mobile carrier, if they in fact provide that service.
Another workaround would be to use an alternative email client for sending (ie K-9 Mail, an Android port available in Blackberry World), or use a different connection method. (ie IMAP, or Exchange ActiveSync.)
Please see the following post and the link within it to the main discussion over on Crackberry.com:
There are also several threads on the official Blackberry forums here about it. Here is one:
03-11-2013 11:43 PM - edited 03-11-2013 11:45 PM
Can't just be from the update, mine's been doing this since I got it. And my upgrade only came 2 days ago.
Edit: And as I read more about it, it was also from previous builds as well.
03-12-2013 12:05 AM
I do believe some people had problems early-on, those problems were harder to pinpoint than the cases where something had worked fine for 2-3 weeks and then right after the update stopped working.
One issue that I believe is probably related pertains to timestamps - various Z10 users reported that emails generated by the Z10 were missing timezone offset information in the email headers, which caused various timestamp anomalies.
In general I think Blackberry just has to overhaul their SMTP message formatting.
03-12-2013 05:19 AM
"Blackberry is aware of the issue and has stated that they plan to release a fix in a future software release."
Sounds to be something officially.
Hopefully we have not to wait until autumn for a patch.