Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

SMTP Outgoing Port being rejected by my Z10.

Just got my Z10 last week and everything with the phone is awesome thus far with the exception that i cannot send any emails out.  I am able to receive but for some strange reason in keeps rejecting my outgoing port of 587.  Spoke to my tech people who host the email and they said the issue has to be coming from Blackberry as the have been receiving other inquires from other clients who use there service and have also recently purchase the z10.  I have seen on some other forums that this is a known issue but have not been able to find a solution to the matter.  Please help

Forums Advisor II
My Device: Z10 10.2.1.3247
My Carrier: T-Mo USA

Re: SMTP Outgoing Port being rejected by my Z10.

[ Edited ]

Welcome to this place! I presume you are running 10.1 OS? The "easy" way out of this dilemma seems to be to send your mail w/o security (and thus on a different port) but you may not be able nor want to do that. For instance, my account requires me to send w/o security as it is an asmtp (not smtp) so it doesn't need it. Someone else here may have a more up-to-date answer as the 10.1 OS seems to have solved this for many.