Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Passport
My Carrier: Optus Australia
Accepted Solution

Saving Facebook pictures?

Hi, with the Z10 is there a way to save pictures after you click on them in Facebook?

Thanks,
Forums Advisor III
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Saving Facebook pictures?

Are you using Facebook app it self? or Browser? 

If it is the facebook app I'm not to sure because I prefer to use browser for facebook, but if you using the app should just screen shot it! 

Hope that helps!

My Device: Priv, Passport, iPhone 6s
My Carrier: Telus

danielsydney wrote:
Hi, with the Z10 is there a way to save pictures after you click on them in Facebook?

Thanks,

I assume your referring to saving pics from within the FB app.  If Yes, tap the photo you want to save.  It will open on a black background, with the tag, like and comment symbols at the bottom.  Now do a long press on the image.  A bar will slide out from the right.  Tap the only icon on that bar to save the photo.n It will save by default to photos on your device (you can't control where it saves.)  You can then use file manager to move it elsewhere.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Passport
My Carrier: Optus Australia

Hi there, This seems to have worked now. I did get an error about application permissions "location" so I just followed the button and turned them all on and logged off/on and can now save pics. Yes I was talking about the app. Thanks again.
Super Contributor

No problem. Cheers.
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Rogers

I've tried the long hold but it's not working?! Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Thx
Super Contributor

Scorenride wrote:
I've tried the long hold but it's not working?! Any ideas what I'm doing wrong? Thx

Did you tap the photo first so you get the photo (only) on the black background?  That's when you press and hold for the slide out menu with the "save" option.

Contributor
My Carrier: verizon

have a related issue I think.

since upgrade to OS 10.x, I no longer see facebook as one of the listed "Share" options when trying to share a photo.

instead I get a list:

"BBM

BBM Group

Text Messages

MSN (my email addr)

Twitter

Connect to dropbox

Bluetooth

NFC (this is brand new... have no idea what this is)

Remember"

but no facebook? I've been looking around for app settings / wherever and can't find how to add facebook *back* to the list of share applications.

btw, I can upload photos from the facebook app, but it's not the same, of course Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I would suggest deleting the account, rebooting your device, then adding the FB account back again.  One of the updates broke my share to Facebook as well.  This resolved it for me.

(Reboot by holding down the power button until the screen goes black right up until the startup animation begins.)

Contributor
My Carrier: verizon

thanks... that worked!

I didn't even think about trying that... have to remember for the next time Smiley Happy