Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-mobile

Screen Won't Turn on

I was raving to my friends about all the cool features on the Z10 since my first smartphone was a BB. And then my Z10 stopped turning on. At first I thought my battery and just died so I put in another charged OEM LS1 battery. The screen nor the red light will turn on after pressing the power button. What ends up happening is the area underneath the SD card would get very warm. Taking the SD card out and taking the SIM card out and putting it back in doesn't help. Even with the phone plugged in, it doesn't turn on, it just get very warm. 

I didn't get the phone wet, and I didn't even drop it yet. Help? Ideas?

My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10, Blackberry Z30, BlackBerry Priv
My Carrier: Fido

Re: Screen Won't Turn on

Ricebuket wrote:

I was raving to my friends about all the cool features on the Z10 since my first smartphone was a BB. And then my Z10 stopped turning on. At first I thought my battery and just died so I put in another charged OEM LS1 battery. The screen nor the red light will turn on after pressing the power button. What ends up happening is the area underneath the SD card would get very warm. Taking the SD card out and taking the SIM card out and putting it back in doesn't help. Even with the phone plugged in, it doesn't turn on, it just get very warm. 

I didn't get the phone wet, and I didn't even drop it yet. Help? Ideas?

Hello

did you try plugging it in to its OEM wall charger (not USB port)? 

make sure you battery is in working condition.... maybe try another battery that you know its working, just to make sure it is not your battery acting up  

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-mobile

Hi Leslie8120,

I tried plugging it in with the OEM wall charger and it still won't turn on, it just gets hot. I purchased the BlackBerry Battery combo http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberry-battery-charger-bundle/8A37A13566.htm?utm_source=GoogleProduct... and it still doesn't turn on.

Highlighted
My Device: Samsung Galaxy S2, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy Note 4, BlackBerry Torch 9800, BlackBerry Z10, Blackberry Z30, BlackBerry Priv
My Carrier: Fido

Ricebuket wrote:

Hi Leslie8120,

I tried plugging it in with the OEM wall charger and it still won't turn on, it just gets hot. I purchased the BlackBerry Battery combo http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberry-battery-charger-bundle/8A37A13566.htm?utm_source=GoogleProduct... and it still doesn't turn on.

what exactly happened before the Z10 stopped turning ON? did you download something? did you get a warning or an error message? any flashing lights?

Try to be as detailed as you can.... I don`t have much to go on here other than the Z10 is getting hot