Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z-10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Screen and phone timeout cannot be disabled on charge?!

It appears that as with the Playbook (which was noted to have this problem over a year ago) the Z10 also has no selection available for "Never" as to when to kill the screen and sleep the phone when on AC power.

This is a serious deficiency, particularly given that the phone doesn't honor the "Don't sleep" request for apps that are in the background (even if running) and further doesn't honor it AT ALL for anything that is converted from Android (whether sideloaded or not.)

This kills, for example, streaming audio -- the phone does appear to detect VIDEO activity and will not sleep if a video is actively playing, but for AUDIO that doesn't apply.

This is something that needs fixing urgently -- there should be BOTH an option to NEVER SLEEP if on AC power and also ALL apps (including Android converted apps) that request "Stay Awake" should be HONORED.

I've found this to be the case on the Z10 I played with -- I REALLY like this device but that problem is a killer that will do serious damage to consumer impressions and it's also very easy for Blackberry to fix.

C'mon folks, push an update to resolve this one!

Market Information? Come read The Market Ticker!
Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Screen and phone timeout cannot be disabled on charge?!

Hey ticketguy,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the feedback.

Currently the screen will timeout after a certain time when it's not in use even plugged in to charge.  I'm not sure if there are plans to change this but again we do appreciate the feedback.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!