Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Security in Z10

Blackberry has been known for being the leaders in providing security in mobile devices. RIM always claimed that they are the only ones FIPS 140-2 certified and others are not. However, recently many other companies are gearing toward being certified too (which explains the invasion of Windows phones, Androids, and iPhones in government and company networks). I know windows phones use the same cryptographic schema (including ASLR) as Blackberry and therefore got FIPS 140-2 certification from NIST. Apple is doing the same for their iOS and it looks they will get it soon. So my question, what does blackberry bring to the security field that is unique to it?

New Contributor
My Device: Potential Z10 owner
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Security in Z10

I have a similar question. I know that BlackBerry is the one of the more secure platforms there are, but how secure? When I am browsing the internet or recieving emails, who else can see this information? Am I protected from my own carrier, government, or other governments while traveling? I would like to know that what I do is not being recorded somewhere and is truly private.