Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Virgin
Accepted Solution

Sensor malfunctioning?

So I recently got the Z10 but a couple days ago this steady red light appeared where the sensors are located. It's warm to the touch and only goes away when I turn the phone off or take out the battery. It's also draining my battery a lot. I've tried restarting it, and the phone hasn't been dropped and there's been no water damage to it. Any suggestions on how I could get it fixed?

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Sensor malfunctioning?

Have you installed any 3rd party applications from BBWorld on the device?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

My brother downloaded a game when I first got it and my phone was fine up until 3 days ago. I deleted it yesterday but it didn't do anything.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Here's what I suggest. Make a full backup using the Link software. Then do a security wipe of the device. You can do this by going to Settings >Security and Privacy >Security Wipe. Once that's done (do NOT interrupt the device during the wipe, just let it finish) see if the red light is on when the device restarts. Let me know how that goes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

The red light is still on...

Guru II

I'd say you need to get the device exchanged. Did he device get wet at allo?

You're going to need to contact your carrier for warranty support.

New Contributor

The device hasnèt gotten wet or been dropped at all. We bought this phone from Blackberry and it's not the phone under my current plan Smiley Sad Thanks anyways!

Guru II

Where exactly "from BlackBerry" did you buy it? That's where your warranty support would be.

New Contributor

I'm not entirely sure where in Blackberry, my dad just bought it.

Guru II

Since it has a problem and needs warranty replacement you'll need to find out if you want it resolved.