Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Silent Foto App not working

The free Silent Foto app worked on my Z10 last week but now it's not capturing images, has anyone had this problem & fixed it?

I've done a factory reset a few times since I picked up the phone & there has been an update to the app since it was working last week but it's not doing its thing now. The box goes green, indicating that focus has been achieved but it doesn't matter where I press, there's no image capture. I've tried uninstalling & reinstalling the app, I've rebooted the phone with & without battery removal, but all to no avail. I may be doing something really silly here so any suggestions or insight would be welcome.

Solutions: 6,378
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Silent Foto App not working

What does the developer say?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

The developer isn't saying anything yet. Interestingly, the "Send" function within the support section of the app wasn't working either (Send function inactive, just like the pic take button) so I had to send an email requesting assistance from outside the app. Will post any feedback I get from them in case this has happened to anyone else.

Contributor

I guess I'll have to wait a bit for the fix, this was the response from the developer :

we will need to investigate your reported issues and look  to have a fix for the next update. Thank you for your patience.
If you come across or experience any more issues please do not hesitate to contact us.
--
Best regards,
S4BB Limited

Contributor

This is getting interesting! After the failure of the Silent Foto app, I splurged big (99c) & bought the SilentCam app! It doesn't work either & the develper asked for the "myver" data from my phone a week ago. Nothing back from them yet either.

Anyone got a silent cam that actually works on the Z10 yet?

Does BB World test these apps for BB10 use before allowing them onto the store? Is the store a mix of apps for earlier BB OS & BB10? I haven't been a big app user in the past but the Z10 certainly encourages me to be so, far more than the earlier gen phones did! Now that I am interested in apps, I'm asking more & more people what apps they have on their devices, both iPhone & Android. Frankly, despite the hundreds of thousands out there for other platforms, there's not a huge range of apps that seem to really get used by people. And that's regardless of age. There must be a tally sheet out there somewhere that lists the top 100, or 1000 apps in the global app universe. Would it not be a big advantage to BB to procure that list & make sure that that top range of apps was really dialled in on BB10?

I'd like to see Netflix, Skype, ooVoo & a couple of others make it in there but only if they're built for BB10.

To go back to the original topic, I can't help but wonder why BB didn't give us the silent camera shutter option, rather than having to depend on 3rd parties. What is the decision matrix for such things? Does BB want to provide the best user experience out of the gate or is there a requirement to protect developers? And how are those weighted? While I love developers, small business & support the concept for all its merits, as a BB phone user, I'd like the best, most complete, & flexible package possible directly from the phone manufacturer.

Highlighted
Solutions: 6,378
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

That's a whole lot of questions.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code