Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Site Identity Not Verifiable because SSL certificate expires... next year?

Hello.

When I go to https://ziptimetracker.com/demo/login from my blackberry, the page will not load and I get following error:

Site Identity Not Verifiable

This site may not be trustworthy.  Personal information entered on this site may not be protected.

Site identity is not verifiable for the following reasons: The site certificate expired on Mon Feb 02 2015 15:07:01 GMT-0500 (EST)

That date is in the future!  Today is Feb 02 2014, so the SSL is not expired.  In fact, when I tried to view the page yesterday, I'm pretty sure it said "The certificate expired on Sun Feb 01 2015 15:07:01". 

I actually just bought the SSL certificate and had it installed yesterday.  Going to the website from a computer works fine.  Testing the SSL certificate, it works fine (http://www.sslshopper.com/ssl-checker.html#hostname=www.ziptimetracker.com).  The SSL certificate I bought is a "OneClickSSL" from GlobalSign.

Adding an exception is not a solution to this problem.  Any ideas would be appreciated.  Thanks,

Jamie

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Site Identity Not Verifiable because SSL certificate expires... next year?

Yes something changed in the latest build, take a look at this for the solution...

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Z10/Z10-browser-certificate-expired-bug/m-p/275622...

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
New Contributor
My Carrier: Fido

Thanks, that solution did resolve it for me, but I don't want my site visitors to have to do the same steps.  Maybe visitors who have never come across a "GlobalSign Root CA" SSL certificate before will not have this problem.

However this is still a bug is on Blackberry's end - they should check all the certificates to see if any match, or deleting expired duplicates, or something.

BlackBerry Employee
My Carrier: Rogers

jamiek22 wrote:

Thanks, that solution did resolve it for me, but I don't want my site visitors to have to do the same steps.  Maybe visitors who have never come across a "GlobalSign Root CA" SSL certificate before will not have this problem.

However this is still a bug is on Blackberry's end - they should check all the certificates to see if any match, or deleting expired duplicates, or something.

I agree