Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Orange

Skullcandy Issue

I've kinda had this issue since I originally used my Curve 8520. Now I've never really liked earbud headphones such as the ones that come with Blackberries so I bought a pair of Skullcandy headphones and I've always had problems using them. They work fine on things such as MP3 Player, PC, etc but whenever I plug them into a Blackberry no sound comes out and instead plays through the Blackberry itself, now every once in a while on my old phone they would work.

But with the Z10 they refuse to work period. I get a sorta clicking noise when plugged in and it plays out of the speakers briefly, then for a mili-second out of the headphones and then the music player stops. If I have the jack slightly out it will play but not in good quality. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Developer
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Skullcandy Issue

Sounds like a compatibility issue.
Maybe try some different type of headphones that you may have and see if it cause same issue?

Contributor

It's weird though because my relative has another pair of Skullcandy headphones and they work completely fine on the Curve 8520. I just don't get it at all, especially since mine cost more too. And I don't really buy headphones that often to try any others.

Developer

Did the Blackberry Pair headphones that came along had this issue? if not than i think its mostly compatiability issue.
Contributor

No the Blackberry ones work fine I just don't like them, don't stay in and can hurt at times. Sucks because Skullcandy aren't cheap per say either.

Highlighted
Developer

[ Edited ]

I don't think i know of any solution beside trying different pairs.

I seem some good review for the Preinum model headphones by blackberry

http://store.shopblackberry.com/store/bbrryus/en_US/pd/productID.281234900/categoryID.64072300

Maybe you can give those a try.