Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Slow switching from portrait to landscape

I love the new Z10 but the switch from portrait to landscape mode is slow and sometimes erratic. Is there a setting to adjust?

Contributor
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Slow switching from portrait to landscape

I too am having this problem.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

I had the same or similar issue. Inadvertantly, for some reason the phone lost its ability to know its ID. I was having a number of issues with email shortcuts since the day I bought the phone.

I got in touch with Blackberry support. We ended up downloading and re-installing the OS. I had a backup done on the Link softare before proceeding.

After the OS was re-installed the phone has been great. It is an excellent phone. I like it a lot.

Jerry G.
Forums Advisor III
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

No setting to adjust (yet..) but I'm sure that it will be added in the future. Everyone has the slow rotation issue as far as I know. I personally locked the orientation to vertical (it's super easy to do from the top settings menu (swipe down from top bezel and toggle with the rotation icon) because most of the phone apps work with it vertical. Apps that need it to be rotated (Angry Birds SW for instance) will force the flip anyway and work just fine. Smiley Happy

Just beware when taking video or you'll have to turn your TV sideways if you forget to turn off the rotation lock before you take one! Smiley Very Happy

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy