Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

My Device: z-10
My Carrier: MTS

Sound equalizer.

Does anyone know of a way to change bass and/or treble on the Z10? Is there an equalizer app that I don't know of?

I would like to have some sort of control over the way my music sounds. Using as a 'line out' mp3 player, the quality is awful compared to my cheap netbook running winamp. I've had a Bold and Torch and both sound far better.

Any options would be appreciated.

Developer
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Sound equalizer.

Currently their are no EQ for the Z10
Paid App
Neutron Music Player seems to have a EQ

Contributor
My Device: BBZ10
My Carrier: Bell

I have the Neutron player and it has a 4 band EQ which will change sound quite well plus a preamp if a song has been recorded low ( I wouldnt use on normal songs as may overload the phone and void warranty ) As it says in its description its not a basic app and requires some effort to learn all of the options, it will also play off a networked computer without having the songs loaded in the phone. I have experience recording and this app is quite good from what i hear off of it. if it appears to freeze up during adding a network its scanning i believe but may need a close and open to clear sometimes

::Robz
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Q5
My Carrier: verizon

[ Edited ]

hi, you can allow your BlackBerry to install any application, for that you need to go to settings - application manager - installing applications and you turn on. After that click on :

And download it plus install it, and now you got a Neutron Player with a very great and powerful sound.

Mod Edit: Edited post to comply with the Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30, Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

AmineBerry wrote:

hi, you can allow your BlackBerry to install any application, for that you need to go to settings - application manager - installing applications and you turn on. After that click on :

And download it plus install it, and now you got a Neutron Player with a very great and powerful sound.

Mod Edit: Edited post to comply with the Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use

You are referring to installation of apps from other sources.

Neutron is available from BlackberryWorld at a cost @ ZAR49.00 - +/- $5.00

As Robzworld says you have to be careful, the overload (purple led) comes on randomly, I uninstalled it because music also broke up fairly often.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Q5
My Carrier: verizon

hi, in my case it caused me any problems, and also I totally agree with you if you have the means to buy it is better but some people can not because they have no access to online purchase or for other reasons.
Contributor
My Device: z10, STL100-2
My Carrier: INWI

i have the seam problem at this time am not fund solution
Contributor
My Device: z10, STL100-2
My Carrier: INWI

if we shopping the option that the device should be supported that's so bad
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z30, Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

If one drags down slightly in music player, on the right is the equaliser with OFF and 17 preset options. If it is not available then it will be with the next OS upgrade.

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telcel

Thanks for your info, unfortunately BlackBerry is delaying 10.3.1 for ages.