Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: ATT

Status of Z10 sync with MS Outlook

I loved my old BB Curve.  The sync option was awesome.  Sadly, when it was time to get a new phone a few years ago, BB had nothing good on the market. 

Now, well, it's decision time.  I was about to buy the Z10, but then learned to my dismay that perhaps it does not (easily) sync with Outlook.  I thought to myself that BB made a HUGE mistake here.  I mean, really, isn't that one of the KEY selling points for business professionals who rely on MS product syncing?  What a disaster.

So, after spending HOURS today trying to figure out the real deal before investing in this phone, I need to know the bottom line.  I've read that in 2013, it did not sync without re-tooling the product.  Now, I've read that possibly in 2014, the OS may be updated to sync with ease.  My operating system in Microsoft Outlook2007 and Windows 2007 Home Premium, on a PC.

I'm too busy and not interested in getting a product that I have to re-learn, re-program, buy aftermarket downloads, blah blah blah.  I want something that plugs in, and works easily and seemlessly after an easy install. 

So, if the BB doesn't sync, I'll move on to another brand that does.  I really hope the designers at BB didn't drop the ball on this and that it does, but if not, oh well. 

So, please advise whether it will sync with Outlook Calendar and Contacts, and how, or whether I need to look elsewhere.

New Contributor

Re: Status of Z10 sync with MS Outlook

I found this:

http://www.bbin.in/2013/03/blackberry-link-updates-brings-outlook-sync-suuport/

Is this update legitimate?  Is it really that simple, or am I dreaming?  Or are all new Z10s shipping with the proper software?

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10 + Torch + Playbook
My Carrier: Vodafone Uk

That article was written in march last year! things have moved on a lot since then.

Contributor
My Carrier: Verison

My Z10 has worked great with Outlook the whole year I have had it. I have Blackberry Link loaded on my computer and when I hook the phone to my computer, they automatically sync with no problems and contacts and calendar changes are updated.  This is why I bought a Z10 and it syncs just as good as my old Blackberry did.

New Contributor

That is great.

Anyone else confirm their BBs sync with no issues with Outlook Calendars and Contacts and Emails?

New Contributor
My Device: Z10 STL100-2 Black
My Carrier: EE

BB have made a huge mistake with this. I have had a Z10 for a week now. Love the phone and interface, but its a pontless piece of kit if the email side of it doesn't work.

My issue is that the phone doesn't synch with MS excahnge reliably. sometimes it's there and sometime it says my Inbox is empty. Howevre it does synch my contacts and my sent items box. Calendar has he same issue as the in box.

Our IT dept and teh carrier's tech guys have now given up and my following a complaint to the carrier's sales people they now tell me we should n't have bought the phone as it is incompatible with MS excahnge!

Well done BB. Another nail in the coffin! 

Looks like I'll have to spend 3 times as much and go buy an iphone.....which is not what I want to do.

Contributor
My Carrier: Verison

I have had my Z10 and it syncs with Outlook with no problems.  I use Blackberry Link to connect my Z10 to Outlook loaded on my computer.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: t mobile

Might be too late but my Z10 syncs perfectly with  outlook.  Calendar and emails sync both directions remotely. Do not have to use BB link.  Now we are a small office and use a server with MS exchange but I think if would even if we did not use it.

New Contributor

Well, after differing information I chose to go with a different phone.

IF BB can't market this feature - which is really one of their few selling points - effectively, and I can't get a clear answer from any of their materials on the web, then I can't be confident in their product.

I wanted a BB, I really did.  In the future, BB needs to make this a stronger selling point!

New Contributor
My Device: PlayBook 2
My Carrier: Verizon

I have been syncing with Outlook for several months, with no problem.  However, recently I get a message that Link cannot write data to my device.  It has become a real pain.