Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodacom

Stopping email delivery to Z10

Hi all

Recently got my Z10 - love the phone but it has one feature that bugs me - can't seem to turn off delivering my work emails to my device. Last thing I want when on leave is to receive work related email. I have tried to disable push and manually syncing but still seem to receive a daily update of emails. I want to receive my personal emails but not work related at all. Any ideas ?

Cheers

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Stopping email delivery to Z10

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

If, by "work emails", you mean BES, then you should talk to your BES admins. It may very well be impossible to stop the delivery, since integrating an email account is naturally intended to deliver emails. But your BES admins might be able to work some magic.

If it's not BES (and maybe even if it is), there is always a "Sync Email" setting within the email account settings...but, from what you describe, I suspect you are BES.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Hi and thanks for the response. By work email I mean my work email account - currently using G-mail but company is migrating back to MS Exchange end of the month. What I am trying to do is to switch on/off delivering of the email from the one account to my BB only when traveling or out of office. The way I used to do on the BB Bold and others before is to select the settings of the email account and there used to be an option under Filters for "Deliver Email to Device" which now is either missing or I just can't find it. We have not changed email systems at work yet so I don't think it is BES related.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

In the HUB setup, there is the option to turn email accounts on or off without removing them. If you turn the slider to off for any one email account, it will no longer show in the HUB.  You can however open the HUB content and look at the email directly. 

If you do not want to see the email at all, then the account must be removed.  If your phone belongs to a company and it is on the corperate system, then it is really under the control of their IT policy and how it is set up.

Jerry G.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAI82), PRIV (AAI795), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)

Actually, it should be even easier than that (hiding from the hub will simply do that...but it will not stop the delivery of email)...since it's GMail, do you not have this setting?

IMG_00000041.png

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Hi - no, there is no option to disable email sync except for "manually sync" (which does not do anything) and "disable push" (which does not help either. On the earlier Blackberries it really was simple to stop delivering of selected email accounts to the device.

Hall of Famer III

And it should also be for this as well...but I don't understand why you don't have that option. Then again, I integrated all of my GMail accounts in time to achieve the EAS integration methodology...which I understand that in certain circumstances GMail no longer allows, and forces to either IMAP or POP. So if your's is not EAS, then that might explain why it's different. Are you able to control (via the Advanced Integration method) the integration of GMail to enable it to be EAS? Or are you forced to IMAP/POP?

Hall of Famer III

I just realized that I do have an IMAP integrated account...Yahoo, but still IMAP, and indeed the setting to disable mail delivery is not there (since, technically, IMAP is intended to be a continual replication of server to device, always mirroring one to the other).

So, you may want to try re-configuring (you may have to remove and re-integrate) your GMail account, and seeing if you can get it to integrate via EAS. To do so, you need to use the Advanced screens, and enter this information (in addition to your credentials):

IMG_00000042.png

If you can integrate via EAS, then you should have the ability to shut of email deliver as you desire (and as shown in the earlier image).

If you can't integrate via EAS, then you fall into the group that Google decided to block from EAS access. Which indeed leaves you with total removal of the account from your BB, and adding it back later when you again want email delivery.

There is no more BIS with BB10, so there are none of those filters to use. Everything is direct on-device.

Good luck!

New Contributor

Thanks for your help. I deleted the account now and trying to reset it up and see what happens. In within a month going to do it again seeing as we're moving back to MS Exchange. Really appreciate the comments / suggestions.

Cheers

New Contributor
My Device: 9790
My Carrier: telus

Sorry I didn't see this till after you already deleted the account.  

I think manual sync is exactly what you want.  Disable push and put the sync (pull) interval to manual - it doesn't sync unless you click "refresh" from that account.  The account does not receive any emails.  When you are back from holidays, put the settings back.  

To sync, go to hub, select that account from the menu on the left, then select "refresh" from the menu on the right. 

But if you think about it, removing and readding isn't more work than this whole process if it's an email-only account (not for contact and calendar).