Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

Story Maker problem

Hi,

I have a weird problem with Story Maker, every time that I start it it flip and it makes the whole phone unusable, even if I have the rotation lock on Story Maker still flip, and to be able to use the phone again I have to press the top button and restart the phone

Where can I set it up so that it will not flip

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: ATT

Re: Story Maker problem

Once you are in the app, try closing it by swiping from the side of the device and not the bottom. The app is in landscape mode, and this is the only reason I can think of for this occurring. Mine would need to be restarted too until I accidentally stumbled on a solution. Hope it helps!
Contributor

Sorry Martin. Meant to mention the rotation lock doesn't seem to have a thing to do with StoryMaker....
Forums Advisor III

NCtrans wrote:
Sorry Martin. Meant to mention the rotation lock doesn't seem to have a thing to do with StoryMaker....

Thanks I was hoping that it was some setting that I did not find :-(

That means I can not use this program then

Martin
Contributor

I think you can if it behaves like mine. Open it. Then try to close by swiping from side. It might appear to be frozen because you can't swipe up, but I find you can swipe from the right wide end of the phone,,,,
Forums Advisor III

NCtrans wrote:
I think you can if it behaves like mine. Open it. Then try to close by swiping from side. It might appear to be frozen because you can't swipe up, but I find you can swipe from the right wide end of the phone,,,,

Thing is I do not use phone side ways but the way it is suppose to be use up right, I never understood this thing about having a phone side ways

Thanks for the help, I will just not use this program at all until they fix it

Martin
Highlighted
Contributor

I don't like landscape either but for whatever reason the app starts up in landscape. I guess because it's a type of video? I think swiping from the side or having to use the app in landscape is ridiculous as well! I hope for a fix too! :--D