Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Z10

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T Wireless
Accepted Solution

Stuck text messages/text messages won't open or delete.

Greetings.

I am reposting a question here that I asked on CrackBerry because I didn't get a resolution to the issue.

I was running the 10.1 MR when I got a couple of text messages from my wife, and when I could open one of them it would cause my text messaging freeze up and not show new text messages until I rebooted my Z10. I could not open the second text message or delete either of them at this OS version.

Then I got enrolled and upgraded to the 10.2 BETA, and I still can't delete either of them, but I can't open the first one like I did originally.

What's weird is normally all the text messages from someone, including the countless ones from my wife in the past, always appeared to come in one thread and not separate messages. I originally thought maybe one was SMS and the other was MMS which is why they appeared differently, but I'm not sure I can tell now.

I have read old forum posts about similar issues and the two fixes have been to pull the battery for an extended period of time and to separately reload the device. I have tried an hour+ battery pull with no luck and am reluctant to reload my OS since reconnecting it with my BES right now would be REALLY difficult. I have also tried switching between individual message and conversation views which force a refresh of the HUB with no luck.

Does anyone have any other suggestions on how to get rid of stuck text messages, one of which is still marked as unread, on OS 10.2.0.415?

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T Wireless

Re: Stuck text messages/text messages won't open or delete.

Thanks to my Rogers SIM and my Z10 being unlocked, I was able to update from the 10.2 BETA to the 10.2 Gold/RTM and the 4 stuck text messages dissapeared upon reboot. I didn't have to do anything, they just vanished.

YAY!